took a trip to Guitar Center today

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bryan_kilco

Reaction score
with a buddy who bought a Gibson V and an OCD pedal....got a good deal with a trade-in.

anyway, I noticed a BBE Boosta Grande, used, with power supply for $30. I havent heard much about these but figured I could use it as a lead boost. Anyone have any experience with these, good or bad? Only other BBE product I've owned is a rackmounted Sonic Maximizer that I rarely use. The few youtube vids I saw seemed to give a decent overdriven sound.

so, got to try the Boosta Grande yesterday and it does make a bit of a difference for leads (distorted leads) but obviously it affects the clean channel the most, and I can basically turn RHY 2 into a main rhythm channel and Lead for solos..... 8)

The Xotic brand makes an RC (Really Clean) and AC (Almost Clean) boost pedal. Pretty good as well. The Xotic BB preamp has a few posts on this board if you search threads. Boosta Grande is definitely popular.

I was just sort of surprised at how little a difference it made on the lead channel.....I can definitely hear what it's doing, and it is saturating my sound a bit more than normal.

I have two versions of the BB preamp and use them with different settings. I could not live with just one, incredible pedal.
I bought my second one used for $ 120. Stupidly, I hesitated by a day on the Xotic EP booster and they sold out. I'll know when
my backorder is filled in two months, but the Xotic products are just amazing for clean to mega boost.

FYI, if you go with the BB the pre 2007 models have a bit warmer tone and a touch of blur to the tone.
The newer versions are clearer overall and you can dip the treble to get close to the old ones.

The BB preamp is a **** nice pedal.

Not that I really use pedals much for distortion, but the CATMOD Brownie really hits the spot. Forget all the Brown Sound crap. It's a nice pedal.

95% f the time I only use the volume/clean boost and the EQ. The other 5% is on a couple of different amps
that seem to agree with the extra boost from the gain knob. Diezel's mainly.

gonzo said:
RECENTLY BOUGHT a fulltone Fullboost III
works well with my IIb.

You have been singing the praises of the Fullboost III. I may have to look for one in the Atlanta are and give it a spin..... Never can have too many good flavors of distortion....

Latest posts

Back