Tone Tubby 12" with Mark llA ?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

24loar

Reaction score
Any problems pushing a TT 12" Alnico with my Mark lla? TT is rated at 40W and the Marklla is 60w. I've been usinfg a Vintage 30 for years with no problem. Has anyone here done this? Comments????

The V30 is a 60-watt speaker. I would give the guys at TT a call and ask them about it. My guess is you would be OK if you aren't playing the amp cranked.

Thanks for your comment. Even during live gigs, I rarely have the master volume past 2....although the far left vol is at 7-8

the TT will be fine. though I just cant get past the name. personally I want my tone fast and tight, not "tubby"

Guitarzan said:
Schmoog said:
personally I want my tone fast and tight, not "tubby"

Just like my women! :shock:
Yeah, mine is ... "well-fed". At least she not that type => "Uh, she could skip a few meal" type (obesity type). :D

Schmoog, you do realize that Tone Tubby are actually fat tight sounding speakers, not to mention expen$ive (the alnicos).

yeah I know. the name just throws me off. as far as price goes, they're really not that bad. only a little more than a new ev

Back