TONE TONE TONE! Where have I been?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aaronl

Reaction score
I got a 50 caliber +, I know that it aint mesa's top of the line but man oh man does this thing sound so so so good!

I do not know why I had not bought a mesa sooner!

I am supposed to pickup a Mark 1 Head and 1X12 Cab Today!

aaronl said:
I got a 50 caliber +, I know that it aint mesa's top of the line but man oh man does this thing sound so so so good!

Yeah, sometimes less features results in instant gratification. If there's one legitimate complaints about Boogies (not my complaint) too many features, hard to dial in your tone if you are not familiar with them.

Otherwise like the advertisement (LoneStar) state: "Its a workstation of guitar amp tones!"

Oh by the way, is the Mark I you plan to get an original or reissue? (The original) its almost mandatory to get the scarce Sylvania tubes STR-415 (I think) tubes since that amp was design around that tube. The reissue isn't as finicky.

But this what I read so maybe this is water under the bridge.

Good luck on your purchase.

The mark 1 is a reissue in pretty much pristine condition!
it is local

i am so looking forward to it, i think the tone is easy to dial in, i was playing lenny with the 50 caliber + last night and man it was really heaven!

I'm pretty new to the Mesa family as well - LSS here - and I can't believe what I've been missing all these years.

Mesa just got a lifelong customer right here :D

got the mark 1
it is a lot more of a classic rock kinda amp
but man with it on 60 watts and the tweed switch on, that thing will out fender a fender hehe
really good stuff, i wish i woulda bought a mesa a long time ago!!!

aaronl said:
got the mark 1
it is a lot more of a classic rock kinda amp
but man with it on 60 watts and the tweed switch on, that thing will out fender a fender hehe
really good stuff, i wish i woulda bought a mesa a long time ago!!!
That's one feature the original Mark I does not have ... and that's a good feature to have for Fenderish thing you mention :wink:

RR said:
aaronl said:

Yeah, sometimes less features results in instant gratification. If there's one legitimate complaints about Boogies (not my complaint) too many features, hard to dial in your tone if you are not familiar with them.

Otherwise like the advertisement (LoneStar) state: "Its a workstation of guitar amp tones!"

Oh by the way, is the Mark I you plan to get an original or reissue? (The original) its almost mandatory to get the scarce Sylvania tubes STR-415 (I think) tubes since that amp was design around that tube. The reissue isn't as finicky.

But this what I read so maybe this is water under the bridge.

Good luck on your purchase.

Yeah! I love my Mesa F-50 Its has 2 channels and the normal knobs to dial in tone.

Still, I wouldent mind having something with a lot of differant options.
Im looking to buy a new amp, dont know what to buy!

i could forsee a AB switch and then using the mark 1 for a good nice clean sound with a slight bit of distortion, i fiddled with the knobs and got a good break up but not a metal type thing

then i could use the other amp, the 50 cal + because i can get a good crunchy sound out of it!

i guess a marshall woulda been nice to but man these things just sing!

pau_leader said:

If you want options and like Mesa, get a MKIV. The philosophy behind its design is the antithesis of the F series.

no soul said:
pau_leader said:

If you want options and like Mesa, get a MKIV. The philosophy behind its design is the antithesis of the F series.

i thought the antithesis of the f series was to be the new DC. but the dc was the rhythm channel of the mark iv with the lead channel of the rectos. but they have a much smoother and sweeter tone more like that of the marks.

Latest posts

Back