To loop, or not to loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott7d

Reaction score
For most of my "career", I've been a minimalist as far as pedals/effects. In fact, the only pedals I have right now are a wah and tuner. I would really like to have a few more effects for a couple cove tunes my band plays. The songs would have some more "magic" so to speak with a little delay or chorus, etc.

I usually bypass my loop and run my wah in front. For one, I am inexperienced with messing with the loop, and I am short a cable.

But anyways, I am thinking about getting a TC Nova System. It has about 6 different effects built in. Would I benefit from running this in the loop rather than in front. What about wah? Should I grab another cable and throw it in the loop, or is this an effect that works better in front?

Typically, wah, OD/distortion, and compressor before the amp, delay/chorus/reverb in the loop.

Can it do the "four cable method"? That is, can you go guitar --> TC Nova (for wah, compression) --> pre-amp of Mark V --> (effects send) TC Nova (chorus, delay, reverb) --> (effects return) power amp of Mark V?

I've recently converted to a minimalist setup as well. Nova Delay in FX loop and Ernie Ball Wah pedal in front. That's it. Love the tones I'm hearing!

LPJunky said:
The TC Nova System does not allow to use 4 cable method. Which is a shame really.

I've never tried using this method, what's the advantage?

With respect to the mod,comp,delay,reverb, etc there is no advantage in the 4 cable method. It's only if you want to use the NOVA Drive part. It should naturally feed the preamp. The NOVA system has to inputs, they are called, drive input and instrument input. If they had replaced the instrument input by a send and return then you would have been able to drive the MkV preamp with some analog Nova drive type as you wish by plugging your guitar in the drive input and still use the other effects at their proper place after the preamp. Big oversight. Does the Major, G-Force offer this?

I've simplified as well. I have a Nova System today and will use it with a Mini Amp Gizmo to switch patches/channels on my Mark IV. Just don't know if it'll be in the loop or out front.

Latest posts

Back