TO AUSTRALIANS

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom241

Reaction score
i emailed mesa boogie regarding the mark V
they said this
You can expect to see the MKV in stores around the beginning of May.

So i hope that clears up any questions, i doubt it will be in stores at the begining of may, but we will see.

get ur Mark V while your wherever you are now, mesas and amps in general in australia cost heaps

I was told around $5500 - $6000 for the head from pro audio. I will be getting the head and a stiletto quad and two pickups for $7500.

In Adelaide.

tom241 said:
get ur Mark V while your wherever you are now, mesas and amps in general in australia cost heaps

You will need a besa brick sized transformer to use it in Australia though. That would be a pain in the anus.

i'm paying 5500 for just the head... i think the reason why we buy it for this price in australia and not go looking to get it shipped in ourselves is that the amps are made specifically for our power points... there wont be an external transformer box...
...as if this isn't the unofficial Petrucci Signature model too...

yeah its a high price,
so with the head and a recto cab its roughly gonna be $7600-ish

Yeah! Prices are appalling down here!
I got my IV from gold old Nick_C from the forum for $3000. Can't even get them here and if you try (when they were available)
$5200...
I was happy to look overseas!

Oh and a transformer upgrade to AU is $400 or $200 for a step down box :)

Cheers

Azrehan said:
I was told around $5500 - $6000 for the head from pro audio. I will be getting the head and a stiletto quad and two pickups for $7500.

In Adelaide.

Just what I was expecting. Rectos have been that price for years.
A$ could be 90c or 60c. Makes no diff to Mesa. The price always stays absurdly high.
Blatant profiteering IMHO.

yeah, the cheapest iv seen a new dual rec head/cab was about 6k
from musos in newcastle funnily enough

Newysurfer said:
A$ could be 90c or 60c. Makes no diff to Mesa. The price always stays absurdly high.

Mesa doesn't set international prices, distributors do. Mesa/Boogie is not getting rich off international amps, Mesa of AU or whoever is.

phyrexia said:
Mesa doesn't set international prices, distributors do. Mesa/Boogie is not getting rich off international amps, Mesa of AU or whoever is.

lets not forget the import taxes and fees either, weight and price will come into serious play... thats why kevin gave me 2 grand this month :lol: its fucked but its the price we pay for living in a talentless acoustic duo filled country...

any word on our arrival time?

phyrexia said:
Newysurfer said:

You may be right - no-one would knows for sure who's pulling the strings but I really don't care either way.
It's us punters outside the US who pick up the huge bill.
Either pay the big $$'s or forget it - we all got that choice :)

Newysurfer said:
phyrexia said:
Newysurfer said:

You may be right - no-one would knows for sure who's pulling the strings but I really don't care either way.

Lots of people know for sure. I asked Mesa. This is what they told me. I don't know where the idea that Mesa itself screws international customers came from. They operate like other businesses - just like Diezel's US distributors sucked until earlier this year when they switched to a different company, it's possible for foreign distributors of Mesa gear to suck as well. :p

phyrexia said:

That would be Pro Audio Supplies Canberra according to the distributor list on mesaboogie.com

Latest posts

Back