Thinking of buying a mark IV need advise

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eshithead

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a mark IV, but I would have to buy one sight un-seen as my local dealer won't stock any IV's. so...

I have a .50 cal + now that I abslotuly love, how close is the IV to the .50?? I play pretty high gain about 7 on the master of my gain.
I would lile to get a tad more definition on the lead channel at high gain if that makes sense.

Also I'm wonder should I get a new one or an older "A" version.

Anybody know which version Lamb of God uses?? "A" or "B"

Any advise would be helpful

LOG uses the B version.

To be perfectly honest, you shouldn't purchase an amplifier without playing it first.

If you can't find one to play first buy used. You'll usually get all of your money back that way. I had heard plenty but never played one before I bought mine and I'm in heaven.

I find myself touching my MKIV inappropriately all the time.... :shock:

I'd never use any other amp after owning this; mine's an A FWIW.

To be quite honest, the changes between the A and B are pretty subtle. I would go with a B, though. Never played an original but if what I've read about the voicing revisions is true, I like it!

By the way... I never played a Mark IV before buying it, and I'm lovin' it! I bought used though... so should you. And do wait for a good deal, for f@ck's sake. We don't need the market skyrocketing because of f@cktards like this:
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?t=14380

I bought mine after messing with a friend's Mark IV. I found mine at Starving Musicians and it was a B w/out footswitch. It was a long chassis though and didn't fit on my cabs very well, so I traded it for an short head A w/ footswitch and case. Honestly, having owned both an A and a B, there is not a big enough difference to ensue such deep thought about which one to get. I myself could not discern a difference. MAYBE slightly less meat in the lead channel, but you would have to A/B them to actually hear the difference.

I love my Mark IV A!

Definitely buy used, though. It will save you a ton of money, whether you end up keeping it or not...

Latest posts

Back