Thinking about selling my mark iv ...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sebby123

Reaction score
For a bogner XTC 101B :) Ah the GAS...
Its such an amzing amp also i just sold my mesa 4x12 for a bogner 4x12.. Which is godly
Im sorry mesa...But for me bogner is the one

Been there, done that came back. I sold all my mesa's, bought an uber and an XTC fully loaded, great amps however I came back to mesa. Honestly I could cop the XTC with my stiletto, yeah not all channels like the plexi, but **** close enough. The XTC is a very dark amp, so by dropping the Treble and mid's I could basically mimic the XTC's red channel for half its price, better clean on the stiletto, I was just missing channel 2 that the XTC offers.

Uber great amp, once again very dark, had to jam the treble up to get it to mesa levels. Only thing I liked about the uber better was you really did not need the pedal to make it sing, but makes me wonder how they are getting the pre amps to sing like that.

Sebby123 said:
For a bogner XTC 101B :) Ah the GAS...
Its such an amzing amp also i just sold my mesa 4x12 for a bogner 4x12.. Which is godly
Im sorry mesa...But for me bogner is the one

I was thinking about a stiletto or a lone star since uve done the bogner path you think i should start there? how do you like the stiletto?

The main reason is the mark iv sound best with alot of gain and i dont need that much gain...So im looking into other amps the stiletto sounds like a good amp, I might have to go try one out.
i like that i can probably just sell my mark iv for 1400$ And just use 400$ of my own i can buy a new stiletto :)

I have also been considering the possibility of selling my Mark IV, although the chances of me actually doing it are very slim. Lately I have been more into the lower gain tones I get from my Mark I, and as a result have been thinking of ways to possibly acquire a Lonestar. A Lonestar would be nice, but then again I have the Mark I and it covers my vintage-gain needs quite well. In addition, I am one of those that actually likes R2 on the Mark IV and have been exploring R2 sounds with my Blue Boy Deluxe as a booster for some added thickness. I am still waiting for the F-30 to arrive (should be here on Friday!) and hope that it will provide me with some more low to mid-gain alternatives. I am tempted to sell, but will most likely wait and hope for the funds to purchase a Lonestar without selling anything. My advice would be this: just be careful. The grass often looks greener on the other side, and musical tastes often change. If you get rid of the Mark IV you may find yourself wanting it again.

Yea i need the mid-stage gain to be the highest gain stage on the amp i hate not using an amps full potential.
The stilleto and bogner shiva looks bery intreasting to me right now though.. i will admit

There are lots of superb lower gain tones in the MKIV on all channels. You just have to understand how the amp works and what does what. I love R2 as well. Maybe it's just me but I can make virtually any amp sound great. :wink: Must be my fingers :D

I would personally stick with the Mark IV BUT you should do what makes you happy. I say go test drive a stilleto a few times and see whatcha think....if its not 100% you then test drive a Shiva but i would make sure you are certain before you switch. I considered selling my DC5 for awhile and i tested alot of amps and ended up wanting the DC5 so do take time.

I like the r2 but i sacrfice my cleans, it would just be a very expensive one channel amp ha, i love the amp it just doesnt suit the band im in right now. i think ill try the stilleto and see what happens

You guys that are putting the XTC down...are on crack. It is perhaps the best channel switcher in the world...and I am a Boogie user of many years. I still have my MK IV and wouldn't get rid of it...its a much diff vibe than the Bogners....

If his tastes have changed, then so be it.

dodger916 said:
Stilettos are similar to Mark IVs in their attack and articulation. If you run EL34s in the outside sockets of a Mark IV you're pretty close to a Stiletto. I doubt you could tell the difference at band volume.

Simply not true. I've owned both Stiletto Deuce II and still own the MK IV. Those amps sound nothing alike....with or without El34 in the outside sockets.

Ive decided to keep the mark iv my 6l6 amp and eventually get an el34 based amp like an engl invader or something :) thanks for helping me decided that i just have to much gas lol.
I would love to have a bogner but for now the engl is actually giving me gas none the less ive allways sold my gear for the next best thing so its left me with one guitar and one amp so im going to start collecting rather than selling.

Sebby123 said:
Ive decided to keep the mark iv my 6l6 amp and eventually get an el34 based amp like an engl invader or something :) thanks for helping me decided that i just have to much gas lol.
I would love to have a bogner but for now the engl is actually giving me gas none the less ive allways sold my gear for the next best thing so its left me with one guitar and one amp so im going to start collecting rather than selling.

I would high advise you against playing an XTC anytime soon..if you do, your G.A.S. pain will surely get worse :mrgreen:

Ha i plan on buying one eventually but not right now i dont have that kind of money ...But when i can i will be making love to it :)

Latest posts

Back