Thinking about adding a Trim Pot mod to my Dual Rec

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What exactly would that mod do? I know that Voodoo does lots of mods.

http://www.voodooamps.com

I emailed them last week about modding my T-verb and they said they wont do certain mods to the t-verbs due to their unstable power girds (or something like that), but it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I've heard great things about Voodoo. I spoke with them at one point in time when I was considering getting a mod done to my Dual Recto. I chose against getting it done for financial reasons, but I kept in touch with Voodoo. I still get Christmas "Ecards" from them!

Are you looking at a Bias adjustment?

As much as I love Voodoo amps, you wouldnt need to send your amp to them just to get a trim pot installed.

Voodoo does do great work though.

Most electricians could do it for you.
Better yet, go to your local college, and find a kid studying to become an electrical engineer, and he could do it for you.

Remember, tube amps are anything but high tech.

AND, a trim pot is so you can adjust the bias of your amplifier allowing you to use many different types of tubes to their fullest.

no soul said:
As much as I love Voodoo amps, you wouldnt need to send your amp to them just to get a trim pot installed.

Voodoo does do great work though.

Most electricians could do it for you.
Better yet, go to your local college, and find a kid studying to become an electrical engineer, and he could do it for you.

Remember, tube amps are anything but high tech.

AND, a trim pot is so you can adjust the bias of your amplifier allowing you to use many different types of tubes to their fullest.

I am an Electrical Engineer. Installing it myself is not an issue. It's knowing where to put it and as I don't have wiring schematics for my Dual Rec.

If I can get a hold of a set of drawings It would not be a porblem.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back