thinking about a V-Twin or a Bottle rocket...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stonge

Reaction score
It means what it says. Any suggestions? I don't really have any experience with either of them. Just curious if any of you have a preference and why?
thank you.

love my Mesa V-twin, had it 20 years or so and its a very solid overdrive distortion pedal, really the only distortion pedal that I have found that I like, the V-Twin has Gain, Bass, Midrange, Treble, presence and master volume, the bottle rocket only has gain, bass, treble, and output, the V-Twin will also drive a set of headphones, or go straight to a mixer channel.

the V-twin is capable of four channels

Bypass is the amp that your using, I used a fender custom vibralux so I got a nice Fender Clean.

Clean channel is the amp running through the V-Twin, you get the tone controls from the pedal, so you can get a crunch with the mid cut and treble and bass boosted, also the volume can be boosted for a solo,

Blues channel is a really nice tone, its switched with the clean channel, and is the channel I typcially used TBH, really loved the tone

Solo is like my Mark IV solo channel, sustain forever, actually it sounded better than my Mark IV TBH.

Played the bottle rocket in the stores, really just bypass and the pedal, has Gain, Bass, treble and output, you can get close to the solo channel on the Mark IV, but you don't have the clean or blues channel, and it does not have the mid range, or presence that my mesa V-twin has.

here are the user manuals, see what you think

bottle rocket

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/V-1.pdf

V-twin

http://www.mesaboogie.com/manuals/V-Twin%20pedal.pdf

personally if you can find a V-Twin I would get the pedal, its a great pedal,

I have had my V-Twin for 20 years, and gave a friend one for Xmas a few years ago, before I got the V-Twin I had been so frustrated with distortion pedals, I have not found anything that is better, and I keep looking, its really a great pedal, wish Mesa had not stopped making them, they truly are the best distortion pedal out there.

Latest posts

Back