Think I could put a GNX pedal in my loop?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hailstorm350

Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the GNX pedals and placing them in the effects loops of a mesa, more specifically a Mark IV loop. I've tried it before, and wasn't too successful, but then again, I didn't try for more than 10 minutes...Band practice called...

If someone has any information on the way the loops work for the Mark IV, or any hints on how to set it up, that would be great.

I can set anything on the pedal to bypass for specific sounds meant just for the mark, I just couldn't get rid of awful tone coloration the only time I tried it...

thanks

I have a GNX2 unit. It has good effects, EQ, and Wah. There are a couple of amp models I like, and the distortion boxes add dirt like you would expect.

However, it adds a digital artifact into your tone that you can't dial out.

I have the GSP1101 now. Digitech promised a more transparent processor that lets your own amp tone come through. I'd say they did well on this promise. In addition, the on board amp modeling is nice for some variation.

DSC00487.jpg

I am using a GNX-4 (in the loop) with a Mark III. I set the amp and cab modeling to "Direct". I'm not using the modeling stuff so far, 'cause I want see if I can get decent effect sounds with my Boogie sound. I have the output for each patch set to 60, and the little output knob on the back at about 10 o' clock. I'm still trying to decide if the Speaker Compensation is good or bad. I just got the thing , so I'm still in the experimental stage.

Latest posts

Back