thiele widebody 1x12 cab

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eudaimonia02912

Reaction score
Anyone have one of these?

I've got the combo right now, but I've been thinking about adding a thiele cab. How much of a sonic improvement should I expect?

eudaimonia02912 said:
Anyone have one of these?

I've got the combo right now, but I've been thinking about adding a thiele cab. How much of a sonic improvement should I expect?

There has been lots of posts about the Port City take on a Thiele and then Boogafunk and their version. I am guessing you probably considered those and ruled them out. Just curious how you came to the Thiele being number one. I am also looking at a 1x12 vented pair of enclosures. Unfortunately, there is not one Thiele, Port City, or Boogafunk cab around here to check out. :(

Actually, I didn't see those. I'm new to cabs, so I didn't do a search. I will take a look at the old posts.

I got the 1X12 wide body closed back front ported cab today . Its not the Thiele though . I ordered mine with a V30 .

Scotty at Boogafunk cabs can build you a 23'" wide thiele 1x12 with the EVM-12L spec internal volume and porting just as the original. I'll take a pair of ported 1x12's over a 4x12 any day of the week. :D

JOEY B. said:
Scotty at Boogafunk cabs can build you a 23'" wide thiele 1x12 with the EVM-12L spec internal volume and porting just as the original. I'll take a pair of ported 1x12's over a 4x12 any day of the week. :D

I have been googling anything to do with Boogafunk to see what feedback is out there. Nothing but good. I am thinking my back and ears will like two of the EVM-12L's. Looks like some sort of alien armor skin on the cabs... Like a rhino liner truck bed sort of thing.

Check out the Port City OS112. I'm never going back to Mesa cabs!

shogun said:

Shogun,

You are a great player and I respect that. But I understand you are also a compensated endorser for Port City. I can hear what you are saying, but also understand it may be difficult for you not to be a completely neutral party since compensation is involved.

On the other hand, it may also be true that you can get lots of good equipment and settled on the best out there. Port city may be the best out there for your tone. Are you willing to post Port City as compared with a Mesa Thiele? Same guitar, same amp head, same song, same camcorder? It may not imply one manufactured is better than another per se, but it will help the consumer see which product is best for the tone they want. You are in a position to clear things up. Not trying to bash either PS or M.

Heritage Softail said:
shogun said:

Shogun,

You are a great player and I respect that. But I understand you are also a compensated endorser for Port City. I can hear what you are saying, but also understand it may be difficult for you not to be a completely neutral party since compensation is involved.

On the other hand, it may also be true that you can get lots of good equipment and settled on the best out there. Port city may be the best out there for your tone. Are you willing to post Port City as compared with a Mesa Thiele? Same guitar, same amp head, same song, same camcorder? It may not imply one manufactured is better than another per se, but it will help the consumer see which product is best for the tone they want. You are in a position to clear things up. Not trying to bash either PS or M.

Hey, I see what you're saying.. But I chose port city because of the hype, and upon receiving the cab, the hype was verified for me! I've spent enough time trying different cabs and a/b'ing and found what I like. To me, the port city cab + eminence cannabis rex solves several problems. 1- no more ice pick, 2- amazing clarity and overall tone, 3- big sound with a regular sized cabinet, and very lightweight. This is priceless to me! I'm sure you know, but an entry level endorsement doesn't mean you get free gear, or even really have to promote the product.. I'm just excited about what I've discovered. I'm not a Suhr endorser but I stand behind their brand just the same 8)

Anyways, I didn't get a chance to try the thiele, but I can firmly say that I wouldn't enjoy it with a v30 or c90. I'd rent one and a/b if I ever see one in a local dealer!! That said, even if I was bias towards port city, I'd need to the option of a different speaker if I were to ever consider buying another new cab from mesa..

So IF you're reading this and have some of the issues that I have listed, you ought to try the PC w/ an eminence cannabis rex :twisted:

The CR speaker is definitely interesting. A 1x12 with that speaker would be a lunch box cab.

Thanks for detailed the reply. I will keep looking for a PC 1x12 somewhere local as well as an A/B on YouTube.

Latest posts

Back