Thiele, tell me about your experiences.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andershoeg

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Short: what are your experiences with the mesa thiele cab?
What setup, with what head/combo, asf. :)
Thanks!
B.r. andershoeg

Very good (self-built with EVM-12L). 1978 Mark IIB 60w head without EQ or reverb. :wink:

boogie+box.jpg

I am using two hardwood thiles with original EV 12Ls with my Mark IIC+ EQ/Reverb non Silmulclass head and I can't imagine a better sounding amp ... period! Every nuance of my playing is picked up and the responsiveness makes for an exciting experience that inspireds my best. The bass response is focused and not muddy so that dialing in the right tone with or without stomp boxes is so much easier. As I am writing this however I realize that this might be more a function of the EV and not the thiele however the thiele was designed specifically for the EV 12L.

andershoeg said:
Hi everyone.
Short: what are your experiences with the mesa thiele cab?
What setup, with what head/combo, asf. :)
Thanks!
B.r. andershoeg

i use a pair of thiele's who've both had a few different speakers in them.
so far i've tried a weber alnico blue dog & alnico silver bell, a celestion greenback, a naylor special design 50, and the stock ev. i think they have a great sound for recording, especially the natural low end. it has a closed back cab sound but it doesn't give me all the muddy low mids of a 4 x 12. with the webers and an f-30 head the cabs sound very smooth, even a bit dark for alot of things. to my ears the f-30 seems to favor the ev speaker or the greenback. the ev has the biggest low end out of what i've tried. very modern sounding. the webers sound great with a lonestar special head. very 70's in a good way. i don't really dig the thiele's for clean sounds though. still better than a big closed back but not loose enough for me. here's a track recorded with a thd univalve and a blue dog in the thiele. the bridge section is the LSS through the same cab:

http://www.benkenney.com/wrong.mp3

for recording i love the thiele cabs. for live i'd op for something either open back or 2 x 12 though... or maybe four thieles....hehe.

Thiele is my last name.

I should get a free cabinet.....

Hi again! Thank you all for your replies! Much appreciated! Actually, Vatoben, the idea IS to compliment MY f30 with this cab :D
Have heard some people saying that this cab is the perfect match for this combo. Just wanted to hear some different opinions.
Btw, Vatoben, GREAT music you are playing! Like it alot!
Best regards
andershoeg

Back