Thiele cab - 300w evm12L /c90 comparison

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eeviac

Reaction score
Hi

I just picked up a mesa thiele cab from ebay (pretty rare here in the uk) that has the EVM12L 300w speaker. It also has a speakon connector instead of a normal jack which made finding a speaker lead interesting - anyway...

i tried it with a friends heartbreaker 2x12 combo (running 6v6 at 20w) and it sounded amazing. its has a huge amount of headroom, presence and bass for such a small enclosure.

i bought the cab to run with my dc5 combo for a bit of a wider sound field and having played at for around half hour - its sounds great - very different to the open back c90 of the combo. Also, the EV speaker is very focused, clear and extremely tight in comparison (although this may have something to do with the closed back of the thiele) . I am tending to run the rhythm channel pulled on the dc5 for heavy chunk and the speaker copes brilliantly. I got it for a good price and am very pleased with it. Im confident that it (with the combo) will stand up to any marshall 4x12 with ease. It just sounds brilliant.

if anyone is thinking of getting one - if you can find a good one - get it

thanks

Back