thick/thicker voice on Lonestar

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ja22y

Reaction score
I played around with the thick/normal/thicker setting (with drive enabled) but I don't hear much of a different. With a note still ringing I switch the voice and can initailly hear a slight filtering change but when I play again, it sounds the same. Definitely can not tell between normal and thicker. May be my mind wants to hear a very slight different in thicker.
Do you suppose to hear something noticable ?
:?:

Oh my ! I hear a definate difference in all three modes . Thicker is definately throatier . Have you tried a BB preamp in front of the amp ? Sounds amazing .

I think it basically shifts around a bit of mid boost. I think its more obvious on single coil pickups rather than humbuckers.

so it sounds like something is wrong with mine. It may be related to a loud 'spark' noise when I flip the drive on.

There is definitely a difference, especially between normal and thicker. However I have serious problems to hear a difference on the bright/warm switch for the reverb.

I don't have an "ear" for subtle differences in tone but I hear a very noticeable difference in each setting.

Latest posts

Back