Thes best high gain sounds on the rkII.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nathan28

Reaction score
Hey guys I have been messin around with my RKII settings for about 2 weeks now, and I found that the best High gain sounds for me is coming on channel 4 modern, with 2 x 6l6 and 2 x el34, It is very well balanced, and makes the amp sound like its cranked, which is awesome. When I use the 4 x 6l6's, it sounds exactly like the dual and triples, with all six power tubes it sounds great but I dont need that much headroom. As soon as I tried the 2 x 6l6's and the 2 x el34's, I was blown away, it has a huge sound, its very articulate. I am loving this amp more and more. I loved my triple rec and like my single rec, but this thing is truly worth every penny.

nathan28 said:
I found that the best High gain sounds for me is coming on channel 4 modern, with 2 x 6l6 and 2 x el34,

My favorite is Channel 3 Modern, 2XE34L's, it sounds like a whacked out 50W Plexi & I freakin' love it. Maybe after 2 years of this setting, I should explore and see what other tones I can get out of this amp. Hell, when you're happy, why change!

Back