Ther are those who would say the Lonestar is the ...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nomad

Reaction score
Flavor of the Month Amp.

Not Me!!

Had mine for a while now and still loving it.

Mine be the Lonestar Classic 1X12 Wide Combo. Gotta Love it.

I'm dissing all you internet junkies out there who say this is a anything but a great amp.

a6794f6b.jpg

I'm glad to hear it. I'm considering getting a LS Special, as the low wattage, class A , tube rectified tone fits the bill for me. Seemed to strike a chord with me from the start...The only amp I've tried that has me thinking of a change from my mark III.... I think I'm in love....
ax. :)

I'll bet the Lonestar Special is a Great amp too. Dont get me gassing. :lol:

I purchased a Lonestar Special over the weekend - what a fantastic amp. Awesome tone, warm clear highs/mids/lows, and incredibly musical crunch and sustain. I love it.

Only addtion to my amp schema I need now is a 1x12 cab... can I order those direct from Mesa?

Please, I don't want to hear anymore :cry:

I'm newbie to this board but owner of three Boogies and other amps.

A while back I was looking into getting a Maverick 'cause I think quartet of EL84s Class A would be nice to my collection.

Then Lone Star came out. I just had a thought, "What if there was a Lone Star that came out Class A quartet of EL84s?"

=> Lone Star Special!!!

Hmmm, better make room on my credit card, hope landlord don't mind being late on the rent. Could I live without running water for a few months? For sure I'll pay electricty bill, can't play electric guitar without electricty ...

See what you guys got me into!!!

[for those who are offended, I'm kidding with the above paragraph]

RR, I worked on the wife for a good month and had to catch her at a weak point to pull it off... and even then, I'm paying for it now in ways other than financially.

But having said all that, I plan on ordering the 1x12 cab for it within a week or so :) Do it, sir.

They really are nice amps...as I've mentioned in other threads, the LS was in the same league as the Matchless and Dr.Z as far as I could tell...well at least the ones at the store I was visiting. To me it was the only Mesa that I could just plug into and get great sounds no matter what the setting or guitar. Even my beloved ROV series 1 took me 2 visits to like the amp. As a side note, I found with most Mesas, the way to begin testing is to set all the tone controls to 12:00 and cut the presence to about 9:00. That seems to give the most generic "good" tone and you can tweak from there.

no soul said:
I have no use for a LS or LSS, but man, what beautiful sounding amps!

The cleans were to die for!

Latest posts

Back