''The rarest Boogie''

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would my Mark III with Randy's initials and no mark at all (not even a dot) plus the 105 tranny, the IIc+ faceplate with Rhythm 2 stamped on it, plus a few more IIc+ parts count?

Dennis

jpdennis said:
Would my Mark III with Randy's initials and no mark at all (not even a dot) plus the 105 tranny, the IIc+ faceplate with Rhythm 2 stamped on it, plus a few more IIc+ parts count?

Dennis

Getting down to some reeeeal tiny details!

Yeah, RCS signed amps are cool (my Mark I is RCS, although that's not so unusual for a mid-70's amp) but it's really only collector/enthusiast value - 300-series amps are a distinct factory option rather than a factory anomaly. The smallest distinct detail I'd (personally) care about would be dot/stripe-markings or maybe transformers (but really only in the case of something with a particular reputation like the 105.)

gts said:
Fronzil said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuVWiUzJ39A
Nah it's 86

Mark IIC/IIC+ Series 300: K337 to K422 = 86 Series 300 Mark IIC/C+
Actually there might be a few more.
There are some non conforming serial numbered Coliseums.
Meaning those that are 300 Series Coli's but don't have a Kxxx Serial number.

Their might be even fewer. Mesa was screwy with the serial numbers back then.
Like the IIC+, there are around 1900, not 2500 just because there is one at 15,000.
A member of this forum has the latest serial number I have ever seen at 14,36X dated 4/85.
Of all the amps we scour around here I've seen maybe 7-8 Coli IIC's/+'s accounted for.
IMHO, the Princeton Boogie's and the Coli IIC-IIC+ are in rarified air. In the last ten years I have
only seen two Princeton's for sale and it was the same one from two different dealers. The original dealer
passed away and sold his collection to another dealer.

Boogiebabies said:
Like the IIC+, there are around 1900, not 2500 just because there is one at 15,000.
A member of this forum has the latest serial number I have ever seen at 14,36X dated 4/85.
Of all the amps we scour around here I've seen maybe 7-8 Coli IIC's/+'s accounted for.
IMHO, the Princeton Boogie's and the Coli IIC-IIC+ are in rarified air. In the last ten years I have
only seen two Princeton's for sale and it was the same one from two different dealers. The original dealer

+1 You read my mind. I was talking with another forumite tonight and said the same thing before I read your post. To me, the most collectable/rare would have to be the C+ Colis and the original amps Randy built in his woodshed.

Boogiebabies said:

How much did they go for, if you remember?

And what about those funky looking snakeskin heads (Lead 130?) from back in the day. Gotta be scarcer than most.

Boogiebabies said:
Sorry for the double post, but Export IIC+'s are Über Elite. :wink:
..I have a rat ******* "B+" DGX...(that smokes,btw)...named by our own BB..."Twocius Maximus"....there aren't too many B upgrades from what I gather(..easy boys,..not trying to start an "upgrade uprising"...)..lets say I caught the previous owner at just the right time/which seems to be all of the time(otherwise, forumites Jay or Joey B. would be the owner) :D

lesterpaul said:
Boogiebabies said:
..I have a rat ******* "B+" DGX...(that smokes,btw)...named by our own BB..."Twocius Maximus"....there aren't too many B upgrades from what I gather(..easy boys,..not trying to start an "upgrade uprising"...)..lets say I caught the previous owner at just the right time/which seems to be all of the time(otherwise, forumites Jay or Joey B. would be the owner) :D

I also have an Export IIB in hardwood, which was upgraded to IIC+. I heard there are less than 2 dozens of upgraded Bs, and obviously far fewer export Bs upgraded.
Not only they look much coooler with those aluminum center knobs but also some people at Mesa say they sound better than factory IIC+s.

igfraso said:
lesterpaul said:
Boogiebabies said:

I also have an Export IIB in hardwood, which was upgraded to IIC+. I heard there are less than 2 dozens of upgraded Bs, and obviously far fewer export Bs upgraded.
Not only they look much coooler with those aluminum center knobs but also some people at Mesa say they sound better than factory IIC+s.
How many upgraded export A's do you think? I know of one. :wink:

Boogiebabies said:
gts said:
Fronzil said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuVWiUzJ39A
Nah it's 86

Mark IIC/IIC+ Series 300: K337 to K422 = 86 Series 300 Mark IIC/C+
Actually there might be a few more.
There are some non conforming serial numbered Coliseums.
Meaning those that are 300 Series Coli's but don't have a Kxxx Serial number.

I was a young and dumb 19 year old back in March of '84 when I took delivery of my 180 watt Mark IIC+ Coli 300. Don't know what possessed me to order such a monster, but I've never regretted it. That amp head and I have traveled tens of thousands of miles throughout the years, and because it never traveled outside of its case, I would consider it still in mint condition.
I ordered the amp with reverb & EQ.
To add to its uniqueness, it is original cream tolex. I ordered it in December of "83 along with a slant 4x12 (also in cream tolex) with two Black Shadows on top and two EVMs in the bottom. I quickly learned that lugging around a 4x12 in its anvil case was not the easiest thing (even when having roadies.) I soon ordered (2) 1x15 cabinets (yep, in cream tolex) loaded with 400 watt EVMs.
The Coli 300 with one 1x15 cabinet together with an '83 60 watt 1x12 SOB (you guessed it, cream tolex) has been my rig for all these years.
A couple of years ago I bought a Heartbreaker combo (I wish it was cream tolex, like Monsta-Tone's) as an attempt at downsizing. The Heartbreaker is a great amp - but I've not been able to detach myself from the Coli!

Anyways, thanks for hearing me out. I've been a long time follower of "The Board" and it's time for me to stop following and begin sharing, just as so many of you do.

Juan

Supersonico, man, you got one of my dream amps for sure! loaded coli in cream...and with matching 4x12! wow color and everything! what a great rig!

I also think that maybe the Palomino is one of the rarest... only seen the one at the catalogue...

LPClassic said:
Supersonico, man, you got one of my dream amps for sure! loaded coli in cream...and with matching 4x12! wow color and everything! what a great rig!

I also think that maybe the Palomino is one of the rares... only seen the one at the catalogue...

Thanks! I'm fortunate to have it.

There are a couple of Coliseum 300's on the market right now:
http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/msg/1638020534.html ($1600)
http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=44520 ($1000)

IMHO, these are great, great prices for these heads.

gts said:
IIB Coli's are more common than IIC and/ or IIC+ Coli's.
As bb said he's seen maybe 7-8 TOTAL between IIC and IIC+ Coli's in all the years.
And he's been on this board for quite some time.
The one in SF on CL is a IIB Coli as is the other fs here.
The one in SF is overpriced. If it was a IIC or IIC+ yeah that'd be a **** good price.

Supersonico said:

Your Coli IIC is the first and only I have ever seen. It's pretty freakin rare...

Supersonico said:
LPClassic said:

I also think that maybe the Palomino is one of the rares... only seen the one at the catalogue...

Thanks! I'm fortunate to have it.

as always, pics or it doesnt exist!!

I have a coli IIC as you can read in my signature, only has reverb, I was considering sending it to Mesa to get it upgrade to the "+"

as always, pics or it doesnt exist!!

Good thing I have pictures of myself too, otherwise I wouldn't exist either. :D

Please, lesterpaul, don't take offense to my joke just as I've taken no offense to your statement.
I am saddened though that a man's word is automatically diluted do to the dishonesty of others.

These pictures were taken the night of December 6, 2009 at the Dark Room in Chicago. The event was "One Night of Bass," featuring Doug Johns, Jauqo III-X as well as our bassist, Vuyani Wakaba (pictured with me.)
What you see is my '84 Coliseum 300 Mark IIC+ head and also one of my two 1x15 cabinets loaded with a 400 watt EVM. I'll post more pictures that will help you all better identify it, as I know these pictures do not prove it's a Coli 300 let alone a Coli 300 Mark IIC+.
I will not post the serial number!

Juan

DSC_0012.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

It is the usual joke every time someone shows up in the forum with a rare or cool Boogie. It's more of a joke than a command.
And by the way, cool puppy you've got over there on stage.

Back