The ol' pricing can be a little strange

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.L.C.

Reaction score
So I've been looking at converting my combo (Mark IV) to a head

Empty headshell with no reverb or fan from Mesa - $279.00

I'm looking at picking up a Bogner 212 cab to go with it, so I asked Mesa about getting just a grille plate in Gold Jute (already found used a headshell in great shape for a good price)

and that's going to be $169.....

So a grille on it's own is costs more than a tolexed cabinet?

Anyone ever tried re-doing the grille cloth on their own? Or having it done by anyone other than Mesa?

I've done it. I built these cabs and used Mesa tolex.

cab_1.JPG

cab_2.JPG

cab_4.JPG

cab_5.JPG

cab_6.JPG

cab_front.JPG

cab_front_2.JPG

CudBucket said:
I've done it. I built these cabs and used Mesa tolex.

Wow that looks fantastic! That cloth would match up really well with the Bogner too! Where did you get it?

gts said:
Doing your own mk IV faceplate with grille clothe may be worth trying.

If your not into trying it I'd do one for you. Also cudbucket, maybe trickyrick, would do one for you too. And all probably a bit more reasonable the $169.

I've never tried it, and worry that it'd end up looking pretty ragged and sloppy if I did! How hard is it to get the cloth nice and tight and stapled in properly?

I live in Canada would that be a problem for you if I wanted to have you do the job?

Along those lines, I took the grill off my combo and noticed a lot of the stapled across the bottom are rusting. Is that something to worry about? Would it be tricky to replace those, or worth doing?

Thanks for the help guys.

J.L.C. said:
Empty headshell with no reverb or fan from Mesa - $279.00

and that's going to be $169.....

So a grille on it's own is costs more than a tolexed cabinet?

I don't follow you - $169 < $279. The grille costs $110 less than the headshell.

Latest posts

Back