The Mark IV is Amazing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Factree

Reaction score
Just got my brand new custom ordered mark iv yesterday. This is one amazing sounding amp. Took a few mintues to dial in, but when it was right, boy was it right. Here is a photo, also for anyone curious as to what the new Antik Sandal Wood Leather looks like, this is it. I took a big chance ordering it with only a swatch to go by, but man was it the right choice.

07012008007.jpg

Nice !!! No matter how good the MKV might be the MKIV is set to become a true classic, I know I'll never sell mine !!! :D

Will people PLEASE stop starting these "I love my Mark IV" and "Mark IV is amazing" threads!!

My Mark IV is in repair and I MISS IT SOOOOOOOOOOO GODDAM MUCH!!!

:p :p

newfinator said:
That looks great. Congrats and welcome to the club.

Thanks guys. I ordered it a month before they were discontinued, and the rumors of the mark v started going. I felt a little bad at first that I didn't wait for the mark v, then I got to thinking. I have no idea what the mark v even is. Or if it will be what I am looking for. So I am proud to be a mark iv owner. If the mark v rules and is diffrent enough, I will have to sit it to the right of my mark iv. As of right now, this amp will never go anywhere, well besides with me.

JOEY B. said:
Factree said:
Took a few mintues to dial in

If you just got it, and are new to the Mark series, you are just beginning to "dial it in". Trust me on this one :wink: . Great looking amp BTW.

+1

However, with the R2, LG, and LD dimed, I tend to think you don't have any of the knobs pulled.

Obviously you are looking for maximum gain. You shouldn't have to turn anything all the way up. The tone should be inbetween 0 and 10, but never one of those. You just have to push and pull til you get there, but don't forget the switches.

You may have the last Mark IV!!! With a new Mark coming, it will have to prove over time that it beats this amp, so be proud.

Post your settings and musical influences and this forum will help you out!!!

Lava cable? Good choice!!!

Factree said:
newfinator said:
That looks great. Congrats and welcome to the club.

Thanks guys. I ordered it a month before they were discontinued, and the rumors of the mark v started going. I felt a little bad at first that I didn't wait for the mark v, then I got to thinking. I have no idea what the mark v even is. Or if it will be what I am looking for. So I am proud to be a mark iv owner. If the mark v rules and is diffrent enough, I will have to sit it to the right of my mark iv. As of right now, this amp will never go anywhere, well besides with me.
Mee too. I got mine about a month ago.

When the Mark V was seemed around the corner I was a little concerned that I should have waited. Not any more. Now that I've had a few weeks with the Mark IV I don't really care what they do with the Mark V. I'm happy enough with the IV to not be care about the next best thing.

Mee too. I got mine about a month ago.

When the Mark V was seemed around the corner I was a little concerned that I should have waited. Not any more. Now that I've had a few weeks with the Mark IV I don't really care what they do with the Mark V. I'm happy enough with the IV to not be care about the next best thing.

I don't think the mark v will be anything at all like the 4. Its hard to realize how classy of an amp the iv is until you have actually seen it. They even give you an extra 12ax7 tube thats attached to a special holder inside the amp. I thought that was an awesome touch. The eq rules, the tones are amazing. I actually play mainly clean, and I don't know what some people are thinking out there, this amps clean tone is up there for me. One of my favorites so far. Even if the mark v is something that I would really want, I can't see how it would make me get rid of this amp to get it. If anything I will have both:) I have no problem having both.[/quote]

The MKIV is a great amp. It will never see the collectablilty of the IIc+ because there are so many IV's out there but it is legendary.

Any amp that's had a 18 year production run is gonna be hard to beat so the V will probably kill.

Scott

mule#1 said:
Great choice of colors! To think it may be the last IV made :cry:

I think they already did the run of mark ivs, and the only new ones that you will see will be custom colors. There are a few guys on the board with higher SN's than me that they got over a month ago. Which makes me think they did a big run of amps and sent out all the standard cabinet models, and held some for custom amps. I can't see any other way for me to get a lower SN now and them to get thiers a month ago...so this may be one of the LAST ones to come out of the factory, but not the highest SN...

To really understand all the features of the Mark IV it took me about 6 months of gigs to feel like I understood all of the switches and modes. If you like your new Mark IV give NOS tubes a try, you will be amazed!!!

Latest posts

Back