The Mark 2 See Beyond

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barryswanson

Reaction score
Anyone else notice this on the Mark V circuit board

https://postimg.org/image/j3gljfscx/

That's sort of frightening in a way. That Mesa would feel the need to do that.

A few years back I went to a talk by Trev Wilkinson. The fella who designed loads of stuff for Gotoh, Grover, Fender and Gibson. He now makes parts under his own name, Wilkinson. And Fretking guitars. Dunno how big they are in the US but seriously, try a Green Label fretking.
I digress. He was talking at one point about how Fender and Gibson are both slaves to their past. They can't really go anywhere. They can't muck about too much with their vintage designs (Dusk Tiger and Robot for instance, BTW I love the tronical tuner system).

Marshall are in some way held to the same thing. Most people want single channel, not too much pre-amp gain. Variation of something they bought out between 50-30 years ago.
Me included in that if I'm honest. Though I love the DSL clean channel with everything on max. That's serious Marshall sound but studio engineers don't thank you.

I'd hate to think that Mesa, a company that was founded on innovation. Could be in danger of being stuck like that. Dunno about you but I love the 2203/JCM800 design. However, I get a bit sick of the million versions of it. 2210, ZW, RI, KK, JVM (it's essentially a 2203).
So yeah, get over the 2C. I can completely support that, if this is the level of pressure Mesa are feeling.

As an aside, cos it seems to happen with all amp makers. I wonder how many dogs of the 2C came out of the factory?

It might just be a clever play on words:

Mark IIC+
Mark 2C+
Mark 2 See +
Mark 2 See Beyond

Their joking way of saying "Sure, it's not an exact literal Mark IIC+ that you want, but it's a remake with the best substitutions we have now".

IronSean said:
It might just be a clever play on words:

Mark IIC+
Mark 2C+
Mark 2 See +
Mark 2 See Beyond

Their joking way of saying "Sure, it's not an exact literal Mark IIC+ that you want, but it's a remake with the best substitutions we have now".

Give the man a prize! Note: Randy leaves a cryptic little statement on just about every PCB...not just the MKV!

Latest posts

Back