The long screw in the center of the chassis??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edward

Reaction score
Anyone take out their chassis yet? Just curious, but looking up at the tubes, around the center of my 5:25 chassis, there is a long screw that seems to do absolutely nothing? anyone know what this is for? Grounding? Vibration? ???

Edward

Hmmm, vibration. That makes sense. I don't have one in my DC5 (A version), though.

Edward

What are the 4 screws for in the baffle, they do nothing and don't come out the other side.

The 4 screws in the baffle are spacers to keep the grill from vibrating against the baffle. All mesa cabs and combos I've ever owned have had them.

Vibration for sure. My Express I used to own would get all microphonic at loud volumes. Took it to an authorized repair shop, guy tightened that bad boy and the problem disappeared.

yep vibration dampening for sure. be sure to loosen it before chassis removal.it will cause it to stick. also don't tighten more than just past snug. can warp chassis. cheers!

Back