The Joy of Running Two Amps at Once

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm using a Radial 'Big Shot' ABY. It has a ground lift, a 180 & an ISO. Also has a discreet tuner output. You can reverse it and use it to input two guitar signals into one amp as well. Not expensive, but it's working great.

igfraso said:
Has anybody tried a configuration using a Studio .22+ as a satellite of a Mark IV?

I talked to Mike Bendinelli and he said that, unless you are playing at stadium volumes, it is perfectly fine to use the Studio as a Satellite. At very high volumes, the 85-Watt Mark IV will tend to drawn the 22-Watt Studio.
regards

Here's my current settup. I also have a 295 power amp, so I could do 4 amps at once, but I need more cabinets!!!! The Mesa Amp Switcher is nice because you can select all 4 or any combination of amps, I just couldn't switch between clean and dirty settings on the Duals. I guess that's where the GCX switcher would come in handy.

Oops...
IMG_0556.jpg

I run my .50 Cal+ and Musicman 112-65RP using my Rocktron stereo chorus pedal. For a non-professional setup, it sounds pretty ballsy. It really fills up the room, even when not in chorus mode.

Using the phasor of the MM gives the entire rig a neat phasing effect, even though only one is actually phasing.

Stephen

I recently worked on a set of Leslie 60's and that is how they worked. 1 speaker phased, while the other did not. Sounded really cool.

I'm going to try my DC-10 and Twin Reverb II at the same time through my Nova System and see what it sounds like.

Latest posts

Back