The Joy of Running Two Amps at Once

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pablomago

Reaction score
I had both of my Boogies at the rehearsal space tonight, so I split them with a delay pedal so the dry signal was coming out of the MK I and the repeats from the Studio .22+. Did that ever sound good! Even my bandmates noticed. I'd never done that with those amps. I'm going to have to gig with them both sometime.

Hell yeah man, running two amps together is lethal.

I run my RKII and MKIV together sometimes when I'm feeling dangerous.. :lol:

I wanna get another 4x12 cab though so I can run each one with an equal sized cab. It feels weird to have one amp through a 4x12 and one through a 2x12, the balance of tones seems uneven, plus the 2x12 is way on the floor... :eek:

:D :D :D I used to play with 2 half stacks. I could feel the air moving behind me from the speakers, what a rush.

I used my processor and split the sound. The tone was incredible, but what a chore to move back to my 3rd floor apartment after the gig.

I like to hook my Mark III and 5:50 up with a Roland tape delay.

Thats a wall of sounds. Each of the amp complement each other so well.

bigpine said:
I like to hook my Mark III and 5:50 up with a Roland tape delay.

Thats a wall of sounds. Each of the amp complement each other so well.

I have a Space Echo. I'll have to give that a try. I sometimes run two amps together, usually a Deluxe Reverb and a Vox AC-15, but I'd never tried the Boogies together. I guess I thought the MK I would overpower the Studio. They were pretty well matched at rehearsal levels. Next time, I'll split the signal with the Boss Dimension C pedal.

I run my IIC+ 60/100 and my IIC+ simul together in a wet/dry setup with my memory man delay and it's stupidly satisfying :lol:

I'm wondering what a DC-5 and Heartbreaker would sound like.

How do you guys handle channel switching on 2 amps? I used to use a Carvin X-100B, but just for the power section. I plugged into the Return jack from my processor. That way, only 1 amp was my preamp.

I'm thinking it would be really cool to be able to switch channels simultaneously and use a midi device. This way, I could mix clean and lead tones, or 2 cleans or 2 lead tones.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now I'm thinking like a mad scientist.

Monsta-Tone said:
I'm wondering what a DC-5 and Heartbreaker would sound like.

How do you guys handle channel switching on 2 amps? I used to use a Carvin X-100B, but just for the power section. I plugged into the Return jack from my processor. That way, only 1 amp was my preamp.

I'm thinking it would be really cool to be able to switch channels simultaneously and use a midi device. This way, I could mix clean and lead tones, or 2 cleans or 2 lead tones.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Now I'm thinking like a mad scientist.

get some GCX Audio Switchers - midi programmable/controllable, and will switch the channels onboodies (button 1= amp1 clean amp 2 clean, button 2 = amp1 rhythym, amp2 lead, etc etc etc)

I used to run my Mark IV with my old Subway Rocket and it sounded awesome!!!

Twas nice to have the second stage of EQ to fill out the sound, and of course the 10" and 12" speakers.

I'd love to get a Satellite for my MKIV - is there anyone selling one? Or any ideas of the best way to get one?

I was just going to post on this same topic. I just just now hooked up my Roadster 2x12 (on top of recto 2x12) and my Mark III (w/EV on top of Recto 1x12) split by a VHT Valvulator. I'm running a Boss delay in each of the loops and an Analog Man Chorus inline into the Roadster. In front of the Mark III I have a Keeley TS-808 and in front of the Roadster I have a BB Preamp pedal. It sounds insane!

pictures of above setup...

DSC00334.jpg

DSC00335.jpg

Monsta-Tone said:
Joey,

With that pedal, you can run all 4 of them? Or do you switch between them for multiple sounds?

It was a stereo-slave thing. To the left was the combo slaving the MkI, and to the right it was the short head slaving the Coliseum. The clean channel in stereo was pure EVIL. :twisted:

Back