The greatest amp in the world....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lerxst88

Reaction score
Tonight I got asked to audition for a band so I brought along my Mark IV and my Sterling Petrucci to the kid's garage (take it easy I'm in college).

Anyway I just have to say I am absolutely shocked how KILLER this amp sounds!!! I am just amazed! The only nitpicky thing I could have against my tone tonight was with the EQ in I felt lost in the mix but I had the middle slider all the way down and my clean channel wasnt quite loud enough but I didnt even do any tweaking! Just let her rip!

To anyone considering the Mark IV, it is a fantastic bedroom amp that sounds otherworldly and truly transcendental while playing with a band!

Wow...just..wow...

Nope. Mark III simul is. He sounds warmer and is much faster because of his less wirings.

Both had been compared by my former fantastic guitar-player side by side.
Sorry. :wink:

[/quote]Thanks for that, Dr. Buzzkill! :wink:

+1 on that

why you gotta ruin a feel good story like that. this isn't a thread about the differences of the mk III and IV. the mk IV is pretty awesome, I hope to have one someday. i think he was saying that his amp completes him, and it had him at hello, and it's the best in the world to him.

scott

megavoice said:
Nope. Mark III simul is. He sounds warmer and is much faster because of his less wirings.

funny, I have a III at my house now, and after re-tubing it, the IV sounds better to my ears...all depends on what tubes, guitar, strings, pickups etc are used...especially whoever is playing it.

I should also say this is my first "Pro" amp. Ive had a Nomad, and Egnater Tourmaster and a (yuck) Marshall DSL401. This amp just sounds fantastic!

Also it helps to play it loud!

It's also hard to believe how little the thing is and how huge it sounds. The recording out is AWESOME for playing into a mixer and then into headphones.

I'm still kind of surprised how the first time I tried one of these, I couldnt get a decent metal tone out of it to save my life and now it just blows me away!

Perhaps the III sounds better but I have separate master volumes and trebles for my two rythm channels so nyeh! :D

megavoice said:

please.jpg

Hey lerxst88

I hear you man and congrats on the autition. When I first opened up my mk 4 I had am aural orgasm. This thing sings like no other.

Care to to share the settings ?

Hate to say it but I forgot them already! Mostly turning up in a reverberant room with a band is going to sound GREAT!

What channels or aspects of your amp are you looking to improve?

It's more curiosity than improvment í seek. I'm happy with my mk 4 in all applications, quiet bedroom playing or hooking it up to my 4x12 recto and shake the walls.

It's an amazing amp in all aspects. I simply just love it.

What I still like to mention is, that I'd take that guitarman I talked above immediately again with his Mark IV and I'd never try to convince him to let it go for a Mark III as all of you if you'd play like that. And even with the "worsest" Mark.
I want to say it again, HE was the one who found that out, not me.

I was with him on certain gigs on several huge stages and I can also confirm playing with high gains it woudn't be possible to make a difference between these two, - but maybe on the recording of the show ?----

Latest posts

Back