the best tone going right now??!!??

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Muudrock said:
The tone on that song is actually from a couple Marshalls and a Tubedriver pedal. Check out this video of him laying down the leads on that track. He goes thru the gear about 3/4 the way thru the video.
No doubt on of the best tones I've heard in a long time.
http://andytimmons.com/video.php?id=0006

This is true, but, the Stiletto Deuce II's will get the same sound right out of the box (with the tube protectors removed of course ;)).

Timmon's does an interview where he talks about how he can now get the same sound live with the Stilettos as he did in the studio with the Marshalls. The other interesting thing that he said in the interview was that the Resolution cd was the first time he's ever used a Marshall amp. He was a Laney user before that.

I had never heard of Andy Timmons before today. Good stuff.

Warning: do not buy the album on iTunes. A couple of the tracks have nasty spots that almost made me piss myself.

haymez said:
I had never heard of Andy Timmons before today. Good stuff.

Warning: do not buy the album on iTunes. A couple of the tracks have nasty spots that almost made me piss myself.

I found that out the hard way too!

srf399 said:
Muudrock said:
The tone on that song is actually from a couple Marshalls and a Tubedriver pedal. Check out this video of him laying down the leads on that track. He goes thru the gear about 3/4 the way thru the video.
No doubt on of the best tones I've heard in a long time.
http://andytimmons.com/video.php?id=0006

This is true, but, the Stiletto Deuce II's will get the same sound right out of the box (with the tube protectors removed of course ;)).

Timmon's does an interview where he talks about how he can now get the same sound live with the Stilettos as he did in the studio with the Marshalls. The other interesting thing that he said in the interview was that the Resolution cd was the first time he's ever used a Marshall amp. He was a Laney user before that.

I'm with ya... I know the Stiletto will come very close, just thought it was interesting that he tracked with the Marshalls.

Back