The beast is COMPLETE!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris_EIT

Reaction score
Hey guys!
This COULD be in the Tones and Rigs section etc. But because of it's semi cimplexity and options and so on, I'll put the explanation of my rig in here, because who knows when some one might be trying something similar and may need some help :)

Cheers.

But here's how it works anyways.

I have my GCX Audio switcher controlling all of my effects in terms of if they are on, or true bypassed. This includes pedals and rack units. It also controls my Mark IV's channel switching via the relays which double up as outputs on the loops of the GCX.

I run from wireless to GCX. Gcx loop 1 out goes to my Behringer rack tuner with not return cable. This is so that when I hit TUNER, I get silent tuning because the signal circuit is incomplete and doesn't return to the GCX.

From there it goes from Loop 1 out to Loop 2 in. Send to my Ibanez TS-& return to GCX.

Out from there to Mark IV in. FX out to my DBX gate/ compressor. This is always in the signal so doesn't need to be in a GCX loop. Then into loop 3. Send to my TC electronics G-Major and return to the GCX. Then Loop 3 out to Mark IV fx return. Then to cab.

Loops 4 and 5 of the GCX along with switches 1 AND 2 of the G-Major control my Lead/ EQ/ Channel 1/ Channel 2 respectively.

My Rocktron Midi mate does all the talking for me!
I have banks of 5 presets each, along wityh the 5 Control Commands set up to deal with each of the 5 loops I use on the GCX.

Whenever I call up lets say Preset 1.
It also sets off preset effects number 1 in the g-major. Turns on channel 1, turns on my amp EQ and puts the G-major in the loop.

Cheers guys.
If you need anymore insight to the midi side of things please ask.
YEAHMINT.jpg

This is alittle werid?

This is my mk IV rig

23072009321.jpg

23072009326.jpg

I live in AUS too!!!

We have pretty much the same rig!!

They sound awesome!!!!

Congtraz!!

OMG THAT'S ACTUALLY CREEPY!
But totally awesome, you know why?/ Cause it's a rig to behold isn't it!

People actually hit puberty when in the vicinity of this creature!
Where abouts inAustralia you from dude? I'm in Melbourne :)

chris_EIT said:
OMG THAT'S ACTUALLY CREEPY!
But totally awesome, you know why?/ Cause it's a rig to behold isn't it!

People actually hit puberty when in the vicinity of this creature!
Where abouts inAustralia you from dude? I'm in Melbourne :)

Yeah i am in Newcastle but i flight down to melbourne Quite abit. Lovely place!

Yeah I think the mk IV does it for me! the sound that thing makes is amazing!

One question......does the DBX gate use regular 1/4" TS instrument plugs or balanced?

Thx,
Steve

Thats a beautiful rig. I want to set up something similar with my Mark IV, unfortunately right now I don't have the need or the funds for anything that complex.

Congrats

Here here to Aussies with Mesa's.

But more so aussies with MARK series mesas. You barely EVER see it. Recto's saturate the whole place, generally by kids who's parents have to much money....

XD

chris_EIT said:
Hey guys!
This COULD be in the Tones and Rigs section etc. But because of it's semi cimplexity and options and so on, I'll put the explanation of my rig in here, because who knows when some one might be trying something similar and may need some help :)

Cheers.

But here's how it works anyways.

I have my GCX Audio switcher controlling all of my effects in terms of if they are on, or true bypassed. This includes pedals and rack units. It also controls my Mark IV's channel switching via the relays which double up as outputs on the loops of the GCX.

I run from wireless to GCX. Gcx loop 1 out goes to my Behringer rack tuner with not return cable. This is so that when I hit TUNER, I get silent tuning because the signal circuit is incomplete and doesn't return to the GCX.

From there it goes from Loop 1 out to Loop 2 in. Send to my Ibanez TS-& return to GCX.

Out from there to Mark IV in. FX out to my DBX gate/ compressor. This is always in the signal so doesn't need to be in a GCX loop. Then into loop 3. Send to my TC electronics G-Major and return to the GCX. Then Loop 3 out to Mark IV fx return. Then to cab.

Loops 4 and 5 of the GCX along with switches 1 AND 2 of the G-Major control my Lead/ EQ/ Channel 1/ Channel 2 respectively.

My Rocktron Midi mate does all the talking for me!
I have banks of 5 presets each, along wityh the 5 Control Commands set up to deal with each of the 5 loops I use on the GCX.

Whenever I call up lets say Preset 1.
It also sets off preset effects number 1 in the g-major. Turns on channel 1, turns on my amp EQ and puts the G-major in the loop.

Cheers guys.
If you need anymore insight to the midi side of things please ask.
YEAHMINT.jpg

Once you add a Mesa Satellite, your beast will be complete.

What model Jackson V is that, I know it's a King V, but whats the model #?

Actually!
It's not a King V!

It's a Randy Rhoads, but the model doesn't actually exist. I took parts from some of my existing guitars to create it :)

Cheers
~Chris

Cheers dude I'm quite proud!

Im astonished at how well I've managed to reduce noise. I get pretty much zero hum/ feedback even with the master at 4!

XD

Hey guys!

I made a video for another Forum I'm usually on, so if you want to watch it's a gear runthrough of my rack and amps guitar etc.

Cheers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpE-8wgpMBA

Back