The Ace has landed!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cant play pool with a rop

Reaction score
Whats up fellow boogies just got my Ace head yesterday and have been rockin it the hole time. Incredible tones in this beast. I also switched my 4X12 Trad. to a Recto which definately helped with the brightness.I also have a Roadster head which I run also switching between the two heads with a Headbone which is tonal heaven dudes,Havin' the Roadster clean with reverb already set is a great option combined with the Ace. Also when I switch from Ace to Roadster I don't get thar reverb delay-that rules.I'll tell ya though the Roadster can hang with the Ace. However; the Ace is a totally different animal. I love the fat clean and tite gain settings so far the most. The Ace is how a Marshall should sound but it ain't a Marshall its a Boogie! I like the Ace best with my 54 les paul and Singlecut sounds incredible with these guitars.I really like how a slight turn of a knob makes a slight adjustment. Another killer feature new to me from a boogie is you can turn down your guitar volume on guitar while in gain and it cleans up like the old Marshalls did--totally awesome for playing live and in the moment.Guys I feel like I hit the lottery or somethin' this setup is a dream.Oh yeah with the Ace you don't need any overdrive pedals to push this beast it pushes you....

rabies said:
This Ace seems to be very popular. I haven't heard anything negative about this amp on here.

How does it compare to the Stiletto Deuce or Trident (I never see any posts on those versions)?

How does it compare to a JCM 800 2205?

I wish they had reverb. :(

I like the JCM 800 but the Ace is more versatile. thicker clean tone, has several stages of the classic EL34 crunch tone, and you don't have to mod it if you want a liquid, super-high gain sound.

I had a Rectoverb previously and I don't miss the reverb. I'll buy a Twin for that down the road.

Another jam tonight with my Ace combo.. I can't find a bad tone in this amp and it steals the show paired with the other guitarist's marshall.

I found an awesome clean/stressed tone tonight using the tite clean mode set to a good output volume and then putting the solo up and using the solo to get an 'at the peak of breakup' type tone that you can roll back on the guitar volume and then play softer to get a nice clean snappy attack... very voxish sometimes.

Back