Thanks for Posting on 30 Watt Power Drop!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabidinus

Reaction score
I want to thank members of this board for posting on the 30 watt loss of power problem! My LSS 1 x12 kept losing power and became relegated to a home practice amp. The local (and excellent) Mesa tech had tried to resolve the issue but it was intermittent and never occurred at his shop.

Well, I realized I hadn't given Boogie a fair shot by calling so I was going to do that but thought I'd check this board first and BLAM! --There were posts about the issue and resolution. I called Boogie and the rep pretty much said what was here - clean effects send/return jacks with Deoixt. No problems so far, I'll be taking amp to next rehearsal. If it fails again I know the jacks are faulty and will get them replaced. I can always go to Hard Bypass to keep playing. Hallelujah!

Thanks to the posters willing to get the word out!

raf

Hey there: were you finding the volume drop/fading was happening only in 30W mode? Also, do you have any effects in the loop that thus necessitates cleaning the jack sockets to resolve the issue (i.e. are you having this problem even though you don't have anything in the fx loop)?

Sebber said:
Hey there: were you finding the volume drop/fading was happening only in 30W mode? Also, do you have any effects in the loop that thus necessitates cleaning the jack sockets to resolve the issue (i.e. are you having this problem even though you don't have anything in the fx loop)?

The drop/fade was happening in all modes but I play in 30 watt mode only. I was troubled because I was only aware of issues with 5/15W mode due to rectifier issues. I couldn't make heads or tails of intermittant power fade issues, and I certainly couldn't practice with a band or gig that way.

At home I practice without effects but with the effects loop on. I now leave a short cable connected between the send/return jacks to protects from dust, etc.

raf

Latest posts

Back