TECH QUESTION: NO MASTER VOLUME ON FX LOOP????

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matstrat

Reaction score
I have sent this question to the guys at Mesa and I await their response.

Basically when running a loop station (BOSS RC 50) using the FX loop on my 5:50 for some reason the master volume is bypassed?

For example: if I record a loop and decide to increase the amps master volume...the loop just recorded stays the same volume it was and I can now record a new loop at this 'new' volume.

So...for some reason the circuit seems to bypass the master volume when volume is increased???

Does this all make sense to anybody??? At all??

Another quirky question I have is this: when all EQ settings are on '0' there is no sound! This is the first amp...or any piece of equipment I have come across with that design. My question is this - why is the EQ designed like this? What benefits does this create?

many thanks for any help............mat

matstrat said:
I have sent this question to the guys at Mesa and I await their response.

Basically when running a loop station (BOSS RC 50) using the FX loop on my 5:50 for some reason the master volume is bypassed?

For example: if I record a loop and decide to increase the amps master volume...the loop just recorded stays the same volume it was and I can now record a new loop at this 'new' volume.

So...for some reason the circuit seems to bypass the master volume when volume is increased???

Does this all make sense to anybody??? At all??

Another quirky question I have is this: when all EQ settings are on '0' there is no sound! This is the first amp...or any piece of equipment I have come across with that design. My question is this - why is the EQ designed like this? What benefits does this create?

many thanks for any help............mat

with the FX loop - if you're running any pedal direct into the FX Return jack then you're bypassing the amps preamp and going direct into the power amp. On all amps with a Series Loop that will also bypass the volume and EQ controls on the front as these control the amps preamp. What's hapenning is only what you'd expect.

Have never set all the EQ controls on 0 so can't answer that one.

I don't think you understand my problem...thanks for the reply however.

Let me explain in another way...

let's say I run a delay on my amps FX loop. lets say i play a chord and the delay 'rings on'...now i turn the amp's MASTER volume up. the delay that is 'ringing on' is not increased!???

i don't understand...the master volume SHOULD increase anything that is in the FX loop...right???

hmmmmmmmmmmm

if it is like the loop on my heartbreaker, the master volume controls for each channel serve also as effects send level controls. It can be really annoying when the levels are drastically different (as when one channel is set to high gain/boost mode - thus the master is lower than the non boosted channel for a more balanced output level) and the end result is volume loss when the effect is engaged. It's so drastic that I rarely use the effects loop on my amp. It's the only thing I hate about the amp.

ty

Back