TC Tone Print Pedals

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulg2uk

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm curious to see if anyone is using any of the TC Tone Print Pedals with the Mark V? I've just downsized my pedalboard from a g sys to the tone prints. And I'm about to buy a Mark V. Just wondered what everyone thought of the new TC pedals?

Cheers

Paul

I've read many good things about the Flashback delay and Corona chorus, and the other pedals don't really seem to exist around here. ;)

ifailedshapes said:
I've read many good things about the Flashback delay and Corona chorus, and the other pedals don't really seem to exist around here. ;)

I have both and I'm quite impressed with them. I just wondered if anyone was using them with the mark v? Unless everyone is using tc g systems.

I have the Flashback and Corona in the FX loop on my Mark V and am VERY happy with them. They're actually the only effects in my loop right now.

I am using the TC Nova Modulator and the TC Nova Delay with very good results. Currently I put the delay first.

i am using a corona chorus with my mark v in the loop and in front too. like it in the loop, not wild about it in front of the amp. good pedal, but there are a lot better. hate to admit it but my cool cat danelectro sounds better.

I have the Flashback Delay and Corona Chorus, both are fantastic pedals. The 2290 mode on the flashback is amazing! The looper is not so great, but I really don't care about that.

smd24fan said:
I have the Flashback Delay and Corona Chorus, both are fantastic pedals. The 2290 mode on the flashback is amazing! The looper is not so great, but I really don't care about that.

Agree about the Flashback!

I had an old Boss DD 5 delay and CE 5 Chorus and really have loved them for years. When inserted in the Mark V FX loop, they would distort really bad. Mesa confirmed that the V likes line level effects in the loop so I bought a Nova Repeater and just love it in the loop. I need a chorus effect now and I am trying to decide between the Nova Modulator or the Corona Chorus. It sounds like the Corona doesn't have any issues in the loop. Any body care to offer any suggestions?

I'm using a Shaker Vibrato and like it. I use it front of the amp, but it handles it just fine.
I have an SCF Chorus and the Nova Delay along with a Strymon El Capistan, Eventide Eclipse and Line 6 Mod Pro in the loop.

Brian

EvilEmuOfDoom said:
I have the Flashback and Corona in the FX loop on my Mark V and am VERY happy with them. They're actually the only effects in my loop right now.

Ditto that - the TC pedals sound great and it is fun to try out the various tone prints via waving your smart phone over your pickups. Love the flashback, corona is used less but sounds great.

Using the flashback corona chorus poly tune. Im saving up for the hall of fame. The pedals are amazing!! I spent allot of time and money on other pedals and ended up with these 100% satisfied!!!

Had the Flashback X4 and sold it, prefer the G Major 2. The tones prints are just preset slots, nothing to get excited about once you realize that.

I have the Hall of Fame reverb in the loop and love it. I use the shaker vibrato in front of them amp and find a use for it every once in a while. The mojo mojo is kind of lack luster.

It's not a tone print, but I have the Nova Delay in the FX Loop. It's my fav pedal on the board.

I have the Flashback Delay and the Dream Scape and like them both. I have to dial the delay in more as I use my MXR Carbon Copy as my main delay but I have not really put a lot into the TC yet. I like the Doug Aldrich delay tone print. Currently I run them in the front end not the loop.

I added the Arena reverb TC pedal to my board last night. It sounds amazing. Killer reverbs. I have it last in the effects loop with buffering turned on. TC PolyTuner, Arena Reverb, Corona Chorus, and the Flashback :) I wasnt sold on the flanger I ended up getting the EVH Flanger and EVH Phaser instead.

Back