tc electronics g system vs. line 6 m13?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally depends - they're way different things. Both are great at what they do.

I'm super impressed with the M13, though! If it's doing the trick, I'd keep it!

Hey Chriz,

I have a g-system that I run through my Lonestar. I think that it is fantastic and well worth the money that I invested in it. I don't know anything about the other systems that you ask about so can't help there BUT the G-System is very good.

The one thing that you should research is the switching capabilities of the G-System through a Road King. There is a fair amount of data around I think. The G-system can switch the channels on your amp but with the Road King having four channels I think that you have to use some kind of Y cable configuration. This means that you can have all of your presets stored in the G-System and press one button to bring all your sounds online as well as switch channels on the amp. I imagine that many of the top level effects units have a similar capability.

Also be aware that there are no distortion sounds in the G-System. It's a great unit however.

Newysurfer said:
If you're looking at spending $1500 consider an AXE-FX.
Totally slays any other MFX on the market. :D

agreed or a used eventide eclipse... both hands down slay the gsystem BUT i foudn the gsystem a little easier to find your way around. the key to the axefx and eclipse are the deep editing capabilities. once you get the hang of it your golden.

and for those who say "the axefx is more a preamp with effects being secondary", yes i do understand that but like the gt8 or any other all in one fx solution you can simply turn off the modelling and you still have an effects unti that can compete with the upper ecilons of digital fx. I dont buy the arguement that its a waste of money because your only using half the unit.... if it gets the job done and is comparible in price to the gsystem why not?

Believe it or not, I'm using both a G System and an M13. I've been watching the G for awhile, and the only thing I don't like about it is that there's no way to put the Mod and Delay blocks before the amp. I like that gritty 'delay before distortion' sound that you hear the Edge and others do sometimes... also, phasers before the amp, etc... so when the M13 came out, it had all the stuff I loved about the Stompbox Modelers etc, so I figured I'd put it in one of the loops of the G System and bring it out when I need special sauce.

The G System specializes in Hi-fi, transparent effects for the most part, and Line 6 tends to the funkier 'pedal' type sounds. They complement one another well, actually.

I know that's a lot of money and a lot of gear, but I'm a session player and need to be able to get TONS of sounds.

The Mink said:
Believe it or not, I'm using both a G System and an M13. I've been watching the G for awhile, and the only thing I don't like about it is that there's no way to put the Mod and Delay blocks before the amp. I like that gritty 'delay before distortion' sound that you hear the Edge and others do sometimes... also, phasers before the amp, etc... so when the M13 came out, it had all the stuff I loved about the Stompbox Modelers etc, so I figured I'd put it in one of the loops of the G System and bring it out when I need special sauce.

The G System specializes in Hi-fi, transparent effects for the most part, and Line 6 tends to the funkier 'pedal' type sounds. They complement one another well, actually.

I know that's a lot of money and a lot of gear, but I'm a session player and need to be able to get TONS of sounds.

honestly if it gets the job done then its worth it. Plus those two together dont even touch some of the higher end units like the Eventides, Higher end TC, Lexicon, Axe-fx Ultra, etc.

jdurso said:
The Mink said:

honestly if it gets the job done then its worth it. Plus those two together dont even touch some of the higher end units like the Eventides, Higher end TC, Lexicon, Axe-fx Ultra, etc.

+1 with JDurso
From clips I've heard and what I've read about the Axe-FX from people I respect, the effects on the AXe-FX are studio standard, plus you can put them in any order you like, plus you've got a virtually unlimited range and can combine them in anyway you choose. Plus you can use the preamps or just the effects. Plus it's a rack unit so you'll need a midi foot controller too. Plus it's over $1500 and if I had that kind of money to spend I wouldn't even consider anything else :D

Newysurfer said:
jdurso said:
The Mink said:

+1 with JDurso
From clips I've heard and what I've read about the Axe-FX from people I respect, the effects on the AXe-FX are studio standard, plus you can put them in any order you like, plus you've got a virtually unlimited range and can combine them in anyway you choose. Plus you can use the preamps or just the effects. Plus it's a rack unit so you'll need a midi foot controller too. Plus it's over $1500 and if I had that kind of money to spend I wouldn't even consider anything else :D

i'll let you know how i like it when i get mine :wink:

Latest posts

Back