TC Electronic G-major (2) with MB Mark IIb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kakev

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I would very much value if someone would like to share your experiences how the G-Major works in MK2b fx loop. The loop seems to be little problematic. My Boss DD-2 doesn't work in that loop, needles to say how EHX Deluxe memory man behaves, but Korg A3 rack unit seems to work. So before pulling the trigger I'd like to be sure. Or if there's known good units for that amp that would have decent delay and possibility to get solo boost (channel swithing relays would be great plus too) please let me know. Many thanks!

I dont know its eny help but i have a G-force, very complicated processor but sounds stunning in the effect loop in my c+.

I dont think you have enything to worry about unless there is somthing wrong with your effects Loop.

the loop on the mark IIB sucks. bad.
boogie does a mod to it that is pretty expensive, but is supposed to make the amp sound way better, and make the fx loop more useable.

I had the G Major through my Mark IIb and really liked it. Incredible delays and nice chorus. This was after Mike B at Boogie put in the new FX Loop. I can't recommend enough that you get that mod done. I was headed into the rack effects path and did a 180 back to pedals.

Anyway, its a nice versatile setup that sounds great through that amp...after the effects loop mod.

-Murf

JimAnsell said:
the loop on the mark IIB sucks. bad.
boogie does a mod to it that is pretty expensive, but is supposed to make the amp sound way better, and make the fx loop more useable.

Mine sucked real bad too.There was no level control.
I had a 4 space rack full of stuff I used back then.
You can use the TC,getting the level right is gonna be tough to do.

For recording, forget the FX loop. Put a mic on your cabinet, and run the G Major AFTER your mic's preamp. The G Major's effects sound best AFTER the mic preamp. It's a great-sounding effects unit!

I sold my G Major a few years back, but didn't sell the 'G-Minor' footswitch with it. The G Minor is a nice controller for your G Major...built in tuner, etc...T.C. Electronics doesn't make them anymore.

If you want one, shoot me a PM and I'll give you a good deal on it.

-Murf

Honestly, I'm not quite sure what you guys are talking about. I tried my cousin's G Major through the effects loop of my IIB and it sounded great. I'm not really a rack guy anymore, so I got a T.C. Electronics Nova Delay and I run that through the loop of the IIB and it's fantastic. Now, plugging pedals into the FRONT END of the amp is where the IIB has problems. The Nova Delay sounds like **** through the front end. The signal is too distorted or something and you can't change it. I'm not sure what it is. But, the effects loop is fine.

i use a yamaha DG stomp in the FX loop of my mark2b, sounds killer to me.

you gotta match the input/output tho..which is easy to do.

i don't understand what all the griping is about, in regards to the 2b fx loop.

i'm played thru many other boogies (studio 22, preamp, rectifiers, nomads, subway, and mark4) and i just haven't heard that much difference with stuff in the fx loop.....?

Latest posts

Back