TAD 6L6GC-STR in a Mark V

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JayMorrison

Reaction score
has anyone tried these tubes in a Mark V. I have matched quad in my Peavey Triple X, and I loved the tone difference I got out of that. I was thinking of replacing the stock Mesa Power tubes with these, but I wanted to see if anyone has had experience with them in a Mark V. They seem to get mixed reviews from Recto users. But haven't found Mark V feedback on the internetz.

Thanks

I have 'em and I like 'em. No drastic change in tone or feel though. Got mine from Doug's about a year ago.

Alright then, I'll just keep the stock Mesa Tubes in for now, maybe just keep them around for when i Need to replace them. I really love the sound of it currently. But there is always that question in the back of a guitarists brain. Could it sound better?

JayMorrison said:
I really love the sound of it currently. But there is always that question in the back of a guitarists brain. Could it sound better?

I became a lot happier once I learned how to silence that voice.

screamingdaisy said:
I became a lot happier once I learned how to silence that voice.

+1 on this ^^^^^^^

When my tubes go, I replace them with something respectable. I've only had NOS stuff once, and neither felt nor heard a difference. That was in my EL34 days though. A lot more of the tone is coming from your two hands.

Latest posts

Back