Sylvania/Boogie STR -415's6L6GC Available (quad)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jads57

Reaction score
I have a quartet of used Sylvania/Boogie STR-415 6L6GC test very good that just came w/
a '78-9 MK2 100 wat 1x15 I traded for. They're listed in the Classifieds if ayone might be interested in trading or buying outright. Thanks!

If I were you I would keep them and put them back where they belong... in the amp - they're some of the best 6L6s ever made, probably the ultimate Mark series tube, and they aren't making any more of them. They will never be cheaper than they are now if you ever want more.

Just my opinion. I'm not on the right continent to buy them off you :).

94Tremoverb said:
If I were you I would keep them and put them back where they belong... in the amp - they're some of the best 6L6s ever made, probably the ultimate Mark series tube, and they aren't making any more of them. They will never be cheaper than they are now if you ever want more.

Just my opinion. I'm not on the right continent to buy them off you :).
Sound advice (no pun intended). These tubes are also very durable, and have many more serviceable hours than current production tubes.

Thanks for the advice fellas, but I've already traded them to fellow member GTR for some new Winged 6L6GC"s.

I hope you didn't trade one set for another straight. You would need several times as many of any modern production tube to be of equal value or life expectancy to great old tubes like that... and they'll never sound as good.

Again thanks for the advice fellas. But I just had the amp serviced and retubed w/ a new set of
Winged 6L6GC's and JJ preamp tubes for the rest. Also the amp had a bias pot previously installed so he adjusted that a little hotter for the the new power tubes. He also went through and checked and cleaned up all the sockets, and checked caps,etc. Amp sounds just as good if not better than before, and actually has more clean headroom. I think though a big part of that ,was most of the old preamp tubes although high quality Tungsgram etc. were pretty shot.
I guess that I should have asked for more $$, but I'm just as happy w/ the new Winged 6L6's
so I don't feel slighted in my deal w/ GTR at all! Thanks again! :) :) :)

Latest posts

Back