Switching problem - Please Help!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an ace head and i'm having some issues with the switching. When on clean sometimes the volume will just drop out but it doesn't dissapear it just fizzles out. The only way to cure this is to switch channels and come back to the clean then it's back to full volume. It eventually starts to fade out again. Another thing that will bring it back is if I make a lot of noise. If I really dig into a chord it'll come back to full volume. What on earth is wrong?
Thanks for any help!

i am not sure but it sounds like you may have a bad preamp tube. on my other tube amp carvin legacy combo amp i had a similar thing happen to me in my clean channel but it was more a fluctuation of volume comming from the clean channel i replaced v3 preamp tube and it cured the problem. try replacing one of the preamp tubes in your amp one at a time v1 -v3 with a known good preamp tube. if this doesn't work try acquiring a new set of power tubes Maybe?

good luck rock hard!!
8)

Thanks man, I think it might be a combo of problems. The switching was definitely a faulty stereo cable. But I think the clean channels pre-amp tube might be dying too. Does the clean channel always have to be turned up considerably louder then the gain channel?
Thanks!

I had the same problem with my Heartbreaker and it turned out to be a bad cable.

As far as the channel volume goes, with the gain up, it will be inherently louder (increased input volume) than the channel you have set to clean, thus adjust the volume to whatever level you need it to be

that's what i've always done, just wanted to make sure it was still true on the stiletto. I've got the cleans at about 1:00 and the gain at about 7-8:00.
You know how it is though, you start thinking something is wrong then everything seems like it's wrong lol.

Latest posts

Back