Switching channels on MarkIV using G-Major doesn't work.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GNOSiS

Reaction score
Hi All. My first post here.

Been following this forum for a while after I got my Mark IV a month ago (my first tube amp).
I learnt a lot about the amp from the threads here - a LOT of good info.
I'm quite happy with the tone now and I think I have a good understanding of all Mark IV's features.

I have a G-Major FX unit and FCB1010 foot controller and I wanted to use them both to switch channels om my Mark IV using relays.
I tried the G-Major first and I couldn't get it to work!

I connected a Y splitter cable from G-Major to MarkVI's inputs for Lead and Rhy1 and set the mode selector to 'Ex. Switching'. I then tried to switch channels using G-Major and although I heard a 'click' coming from the FX unit every time I did that, nothing was happening on MarkIV.

I tried to do the same with FU-3 unplugged and even with Mode Selector in 'Footswitch' position and still nothing.

I am yet to try FCB1010 - if it doesn't work either, something is wrong with the amp. I was just wondering if I missed something or did something wrong when using G-Major. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sy

Yes, I was doing it both manualy on G-Major (All relays 1+2) and through a software editor (RealMajor). No luck :(

Did you make sure that the Y-cable is the right kind?

(ie it must have a stereo input, which then splits into a L and R mono cables)

If you don't use the right cable , you will just be sending the same message to both channels and nothing will happen.

Latest posts

Back