Switching channels on a rectifier?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fokus2k3

Reaction score
HI,

I have a question, if I took the midi out/through from a multi-effects unit and connected it to the 5 pin foot switch jack on the back of my rectifier solo 50, would i be able to control the channels on my amp? Or, is the rectifier not able to take midi messages?

Nope! No MIDI. You COULD get this an Axess Electronics CFX-4, though. That'd take the MIDI messages and switch the channels on the Recto. They even have a special cable for just that!

Yeah!, unfortunatly no MIDI. But as stated above you can get effects equipment (like the TC electronics Gmajor) that actually have inbuilt relays that can controlled by a midi footswitch which changes your amp channels.

fokus2k3 said:
HI,

I have a question, if I took the midi out/through from a multi-effects unit and connected it to the 5 pin foot switch jack on the back of my rectifier solo 50, would i be able to control the channels on my amp? Or, is the rectifier not able to take midi messages?

look into the rjm amp gizmo or the rg-16.... they make great products and more reasonible price wise than axess IMO

RJM is great, too! I've used several products from both.

Mario (from Axess) is amazing to deal with and I recommend him whole heartedly!

another great midi router is the voodoo lab/ digital music corp gcx switcher. Its a little less expensive than the RJM but the same concept.

I Apologize in advance for what may be a NOOB question but....I just bought a Tremoverb and at the risk of sounding ignorant:

It appears that while the tremoverb has FOUR options, is basically a 2 channel amp with CLEAN or VINTAGE HIGH GAIN on one channel, and BLUES or MODERN HIGH GAIN on the other.

But is there a way to switch between a channel itself, i.e., switch
from CLEAN to VINTAGE HIGH GAIN via a footswitch of some sorts? In other words, is it possible to have access to all FOUR options via footswitch? As opposed to bending over and flipping the little toggle switches by hand?

Gamera said:
I Apologize in advance for what may be a NOOB question but....I just bought a Tremoverb and at the risk of sounding ignorant:

It appears that while the tremoverb has FOUR options, is basically a 2 channel amp with CLEAN or VINTAGE HIGH GAIN on one channel, and BLUES or MODERN HIGH GAIN on the other.

But is there a way to switch between a channel itself, i.e., switch
from CLEAN to VINTAGE HIGH GAIN via a footswitch of some sorts? In other words, is it possible to have access to all FOUR options via footswitch? As opposed to bending over and flipping the little toggle switches by hand?

not that i'm aware of but that would be so killer

Back