Suggest a guitar with a FR or Kahler type tremolo

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgtbaker

Reaction score
I'm looking for a new guitar with some type of whammy bar, either a 6 or 7 string. Something $1000 or under. Thanks 8)

look into schecters
theyh ave a few models with floyds, both 6 and 7 string, and you cn probably find alot of them for around $1000 or less
and theyre good instruments (not just saying that cause i have 2)

I agree. If you can find one snatch up a late 80's-'91 Carvin with a Kahler. They're amazingly killer guitars.

I personally hate the kahler, but to each his own. If you want a high quality trem guitar under 1K, try the Ibanez RG2550EGK they go for about US $879.00 at GC, SA, or MF

I used to own one and if it wasn't for the thin neck that caused me cramps, I would have kept it..... 8)

Ibanez RG550's are still VERY killer and cheap on Ebay.

I've got one just to practice the Dime-style harmonics into heaven...

I think I am going to get a Schecter Hellraiser C-1 with the Floyd Rose. I was playing one at Guitar Center yesterday and it was pretty awesome. I think that all of the other guitars in that price range really don't compare. Thanks guys.

I've gotta say try a Carvin before you buy that Schecter. They have a 10 day trial period and I would rather buy a quality American guitar than a Schecter.

ESP LTD M-1000

m1k_9.jpg

devilrob1979 said:
Those are nice Korean guitars but they're still Korean guitars.

Get over your Asiaphobia. Korea has stepped up to the plate in a major way. Most Schecters and ESP's are quality instruments. I think you'll be surprised. Check out the Hellraisers.

lol no kidding. Don't bash it unitl you've tried it. And as far as quality goes, I've been more impressed with guitars coming out of Japan over most anything that comes out of the USA.

I have a used 90's model Carvin DC127 with tom anderson pickups and a kahler steeler tremolo. I'm selling it for $525 since I'm gassing for a Strat. PM or email if you're interested.

I have played 'em and they're pretty nice. I don't have Asiaphobia. I like Japanese guitars and Korea's coming along but they're still not quite there. If they were the headstock would read ESP. I have played EC-1000s and MH-1000s. I liked 'em but I think to achieve the build quality of an early 90's Carvin you'd have to get a Japan ESP and that's gonna cost you much more. I wish ESP made a standard version of the MH-1000.

devilrob1979 said:
I have played 'em and they're pretty nice. I don't have Asiaphobia. I like Japanese guitars and Korea's coming along but they're still not quite there. If they were the headstock would read ESP. I have played EC-1000s and MH-1000s. I liked 'em but I think to achieve the build quality of an early 90's Carvin you'd have to get a Japan ESP and that's gonna cost you much more. I wish ESP made a standard version of the MH-1000.

So you're saying that a Decal would make the difference for you?

Sure would. Why won't ESP put their name on their own guitars? That just bugs me in principle.

devilrob1979 said:
Sure would. Why won't ESP put their name on their own guitars? That just bugs me in principle.
You've got a point.

Latest posts

Back