Stupid as a stupid does (dual rectifier question)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

socialparasite

Reaction score
Ok i have had my dual for about 2 or 3 months now. when i am in the Silicon Diodes mode this is the soild state mode right? So that means no tubes are being used other then pre amp? When i am in the vacuum mode all tubes are being used? Sorry to sound stupid but i have read so many things about this amp and i think i have read some misleading info

Those are you're rectifier modes. Silicon Diode mode uses a solid state rectifier instead of a tube one.

This feature is the whole "Dual Rectifier" enchilada. It's the big feature of the amp.

By the way. There are no stupid questions.

The rectifier is a separate thing. When using the tube or diode recto your still using a tube preamp and a tube power section.

BTW I thought I was going to be the master of the stupid question around here. :D Your in good company!

Thanks guys thats what i thought. What threw me off is when i read a post that someone stated, "It was cool that the dual recto has the soild state option that way you can finish a gig if a tube goes bad". That put me in the mindset that there was a soild state mode somwheres were you did not use tubes other then the rectifier tubes. I knew that was wrong just wanted to clarify . :D

I was thinking you should probably be aware of this too.

The Dual Recs have two rectifier tubes. Thus the name, I guess. I've never seen inside one of those but I'm guessing there's a seperate rec tube for each output tube pair (There's two pairs).

The Triple Rec has a whole nother output tube pair and boasts another 50 watts. So, three output tube pairs... three rec tubes. "Triple Rectifier"

This may not seem like abig deal but look at the Lone Star. It also has switchable rectifier types. It has two output tube pairs, just like the Dual Rec but only one Rectifier tube.

The really confusing thing is the Single Rec. It has one output tube pair but only a Solid State rectifier. One would think that they would continue with the theme and give it a switchable rec tube too. Oh, well.

Anyway, Silicon Diode rectifier vs. Tube is an age old debate. Niether is better. They're just different.

Latest posts

Back