Studio Pre clip

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ytse_jam

Reaction score
i recorded this clip today, using the Main Outputs of the Studio Preamp, straight into the soundcard. I used Native Instruments Guitar Rig 2 as cab&poweramp simulator, but i think it isn't enough to smoothen the sound yet, as you can hear. however, here's the clip (taken from "in the name of god" by Dream Theater):

www.freewebs.com/ytse_jam/Studiopre.mp3

if link doesn't work please copy/paste the address!

edit: link actually DOESN'T work, you must copy/paste, sorry... (could anyone tell me how to fix this problem??? it always ends to create a "circular" link...)

guitar is a quite old Cimar by Ibanez (late 70s or early 80s) tuned 2 whole steps down. Sounds quite muddy, but it's a guitar fault (old original pickups), not preamp's.
The signal coming from the main outs is sooo raw i wasn't able to avoid signal clipping...

... sound's actually very muddy... turning up the volume on your speakers could help a little bit :D

I like it! I like it alot! :D

I don't think it sounds muddy, maybe its your speakers?. The louder I crank my speakers the better it sounds. I like the right channel better though. The left sounds staticy.

Great job!

thanks for the good comments!

MetalMatt said:
I like the right channel better though. The left sounds staticy.

that's weird, man! when adjusting the settings on Guitar Rig cab/poweramp sim, at first left channel sounded quite good, and i found difficult to make right channel sound as the left one. After a little tweaking with Eq i was able to make it sound close, but i've not paid much attention to it... maybe with more attention i would have been able to realize that i made channel right sound better than the left one.. :D
well, the reason could be also that to make right channel sound close to the left one i also had to raise its volume level, but doing so there was a bigger amount of signal sent to plug-in fx (guitar rig cab/pwramp sim), which shaped the sound differently

cteets said:
uncontrolled buzziness, needs to be a bit tighter
you're right... as said it was an experiment to use main outputs instead of recording ones, so this is the reason for excessive rawness/buzziness i couldn't eliminate..

Nick_cor said:
hey can you send me another link or send me the clip through msn:)

hi nick, the link is still working! you only have to copy/paste the address (don't click on it directly)! as said above, this clip was only an experiment, so don't expect the sweetest tone here!

sorry ytse_jam, it still doesn'r work for me. Is there anyway you can email it to me. for some weird reason I can't listen to any of your clips, the quad .. i do copy and paste but they just don't work. If you'd like you can add me to your msn it's [email protected]
thanks!

It's a good attempt for direct recording. The native plug ins help alot and some day will be good enough to do away with the Line 6 stuff.

Back