Studio Pre - 50/50 Do I have to run stereo?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Telelee

Reaction score
I have a Studio Pre and a 50/50 power amp (I also have a 295 power amp) and my question is:

Can I run my 1965A 4x10 Marshall cabinet (rated at 140 watts) solo or must i get another cabinet to use the pre-amp/power amp because of the stereo outs?

Is there a way to safely run one cabinet with this set up?

I've been looking for a Marshall 1965B 2x12 cabinet but haven't found the right one yet ($).

Thanks in advance for your help and information.

Hi Telelee, if your 4x10 cab is wired to be run in stereo, you could use your 50/50 with it... if the cab is rated 140W, each couple of speakers will be able to dissipate 70W at max. But even if you use the 50/50, be careful, since the power peak could be much over 50W per channel. So, if you don't push your amp hard, your setup is going to be good. Otherwise, if you run your 50/50 at very high volumes, there's the possibility of damaging something after long time use.

According to Boogie, if you only want to use one side of the poweramp, turn the channel volume from the channel that you don't want to use all the way to "0" and thrun the presence control all the way up "10." This should safely let you use just one side of your power amp. Personally, I'd wire the cab stereo.

Latest posts

Back