Studio Caliber DC-2 Am I damaging my amp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeBs

Reaction score
Hi,

I recently made a mistake when cabling up the amp, probably due to not having my glasses on when I was doing it.

I generally play at home with headphones in and plug into the front of the amp via a Line 6 pod. I can add a backing track via the MP3 input to the pod, sounds rubbish on anything but a clean setting on the amp, but OK to practice to.

I mistakenly put the MP3 lead into the 'recording' socket on the back of the amp (Normally an output) and was amazed to hear the backing track in the headphones. The track is not effected when switching to the driven channel. Is this normal?? Am I doing something that will break the amp??

If I remove the headphones and switch the speaker back on the backing track can hardly be heard. Its very, very, very faint in the background, but for practicing with headphones this is great.

Have I discovered something new or did everyone else know this facility existed and just assumed that it wasn't worth mentioning.

Mike

Interesting that this works in this way. I don't think there's any way you'll cause any problem doing this. The only way you could seriously damage something is if you were running the power amp without the speaker hooked up or if you connected the speaker output to anything that expects a line level input.

Back