studio caliber dc-2 30 watt

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Musical123

Reaction score
Can anyone give me some input/feedback/thoghts on this amp? The guy wants $550 and says it is in good shape.

Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't do it simply because the graphic eq is SOOO significant a feature that adds to the DC's (and all Marks') versatility. For that money, hold out for a DC3.

Edward

I think they are very good amps and usually loud enough for most situations.
You can really get the power tubes working for a nice overdrive and the two independent channels are great.
The graphic/countour issue is simply a matter of taste and it largely depends on what sound you're going after.
The graphic is more versatile of course but the contour funtion gives a great sound if you like the heavy scooped-mid chunk.
I'd say that is a good price for the DC2 because I see them selling for $650-$750 all the time and they are only going to go up I'm sure.
The only negative thing I have to say about them is that the Reverb isn't the best I've heard especially on the Lead channel.
It matters not to me though because I use delay in lieu of amplifier reverb.

I think a DC-2 is 20 watts, not 30.

And a so-called "Studio Caliber" DC-2 is older (I own one) and won't have the Contour.

The DC-2 is 20 watts.

They are great amps. The EQ on the DC-3 does make a huge difference, but it depends on the type of music you play.

I play mostly blues & classic rock, so I get great distortion tones on mine without the EQ. I use the EQ for a solo boost.

The DC-2 has a Contour function, which is footswitchable, but only works on the Lead channel. If you never solo with a clean tone, this will not matter to you.

I would recommend replacing the stock speaker with a Celestion Heritage 30, Greenback, or Vintage 30. It will really open the amp up. The original speaker makes the amp sound like it's in the closet around the corner.

If you can't afford a Celestion, Mojotone makes great clones that may actually be better in quality & sound than the modern Chinese manufactured Celestions.

Latest posts

Back