Studio 22+

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flyin high again

Reaction score
First time Mesa owner. Just got a very nice, "minty" if you will Studio 22+. I have a few problems maybe you guys can help me trouble shoot.

#1) The Rythem/Lead does nothing when I use the foot switch, I can't ground out the cord as suggested in the manuel either. The switch works because I can use it to activate the eq from the back but the Red LED does nothing form there. I've also used a couple of different cords. A guitar cable and I tried a speaker cable. Again the manual states that it comes with an unshielded cord.

#2) The EQ switch does nothing. I've read about what it is supposed to do but the switch it self does nothing. I can however as I said get it too work by plugging the footswitch into the EQ FS jack on the rear panel.

#3) I need some (5) of the EQ Fader (knobs/handles/caps), anyone know where I can get em?

Other than that this thing is pretty cool. Got if for a great price with a little drive. Super happy with my purchase!

Pics....

Front.jpg

The slider knobs can be bought directly from Mesa. I think they are only a few $ each.

As for the channel sellect and EQ:
If you can't get the channel sellect to work with the footswitch, but it does work with the switch (can't remember if it's a pull out knob or dedicated switch), then you might want to try the footswitch with both settings of the switch. Many of the earlier Mesa amp's footswitches only work in one setting of the switch, but not the other.

EQ not working with the switch is a bit fishy. It should work just like the footswitch.
There is a tech service bulletin for the 22+ that involves beefing up the footswitch power supply. It may be that your amp never had this done, or it may be a bad wire connection or bad switch. Hard to say from a distance, sorry.

Thanks Monsta,

I emailed Mesa, we'll see about the slider caps.

The only way to go from lead to rhythm is with the foot switch, no push pull knob, no switch. The instructions actually tell you to plug in the unshielded cable and short the thing to the chassis if you loose your foot switch. The foot switch is a single stomp button and an LED light.

This from the guys at the Hollywood store..." Sounds like that LDR/ LDR supply issue I previously mentioned which
means you should take it to a repair center and have it checked out.."

Anyone have a copy of the tech bulletin?

The EQ is a funky 3 way switch. It also can be operated by a foot switch, that feature I can make work but i can't get it to do anything with the 3 way toggle on the face plate.

Great sounding amp, I'd like to hear the lead channel.

Where are you located? Maybe someone here is in the same area and can direct you to a GOOD service center.
If not, let me know and I would be happy to take a look at it. Shouldn't be very much to fix.

Back