studio 22+ what to offer?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thurgood

Reaction score
Hey folks, new here. I posted this at another forum (homerecording.com) I hope you do not mind if I post iti here. I have been frequent observer and enjoy "boogie talk" so I hope you don't mind the quasi double post.

Mesa studio 22+ How much?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An old friend of mine has a Mesa Stdio 22+ that he is willing to part with, it is in great shape, low serial No. (he got one of the first runs). I ahve played through it on many occasions and remember it fondly, read I loved the way it sounds. Just right for my style and I can always add another quality amp to my stable. The reason he is willing to sell is 1. we have been close friends for years (have bailed him out of legal troubles gratis on more than one occasion) 2. he also owns two Mark III combos, one in bubunga the other in flame maple!!. Seeing as we are friends I wish to offer a fair price. Probably needs new tubes also. Retubing power section is cheap approx 35.00 for good NOS El -84's. Any input would be welcome. I have looked around and think $400.00 woudl be reasonable but I just don't know. I woudl prefer 300.00 but thats prob too low, not to mention that he has no reason to sell other than my offer. Thanks in advance.

I have an ealry issue Mark III, looks lije a black initial, anyway I purchased it on order in Boston Ma in the late 80's. Sounds great runs great. Thanks, great forum.

hi Thurgood, i don't know how much you could offer, but i suggest you to take a look at the user reviews section on www.harmony-central.com
Search for Mesa/Boogie and then for Studio22+, many people write there how much they paid for it, new or second hand. good luck

Studio 22+'s are great amps.

One way you can determine a fairly accurate used market value is by searching for the item on eBay. You can narrow the search by viewing only completed auctions to see the most recently ended auction selling prices for the particular item in question.

I went ahead and did an eBay search for the Studio 22+, and there have been a couple of nice pieces that went for about $450 (not including shipping). That may provide a good starting point for you.

I would think that for the type of friend you've been to him, $350 would be a fair deal.

Hope that helps...

Thanks. I did that and the top was 400.00 low 300.00 US. Saw one on E***y with blown spkr 300.00 one with buy now at 485.00 US. I want to do this guy right as I said we are old friends. I think I will go 450.00. He is a super guy so much that he gave a mesa bass 400 to a DEPARTING bandmate. Oh and a fender bass!! Here is another aspect to the equation. Years ago I traded a Silver face 1979 Twin reverb with EV's in it to another friend. I got a 76' es 335 with dirty finger pu's in it in exchange. He is willing to sell the twin back to me for 500.00. Currently I have both the fender tones (65 deluxe reisssue) and Boogie tones Mark III, plus various other amps Marshall, gretsch, more fender, peavey etc. Ya see where this is headed. Amp gas!!! Neither person plans to sell there respective amps so time is n ot a factor. I just love that 22!. I say go Boogie first. Plus the shipping on the Twin would be huge. thanks for your prompt reply. Which course would you take?? Seeing as this is aboogie forum I suspect I know the answer. Thanks

I know you're looking for a Studio 22. I have one and owned many other
boogies but I've never found a better sounding Rhythm/Lead sound.
Problem is, a good lead sound effects the clean and visa/versa and its very difficult to get a level volume across the two channels.
Great amp, but It doesn't have the versatility. I went through alot of other amps and only with the Subway Rocket did I find that same wide open
singing lead sound. With the Subway, your clean is totally independant
of the lead channel and you can level out the volumes of each.
Its basically two independant Studio 22's in one box and can be had
for $450-500 on Ebay, wait for a Nice clean one (w/Reverb) .
It also has "Contour" on the footswitch which will bump up your
rhythm channel just enough to make solo's stand out. FYi, I tried
the F-30 and many others, if you want the Studio 22 sound, get a
Subway Rocket and you get great rhythyms, leads and cleans all
independant of each other. Good Luck !

Moneywise, your in the ballpark, I have seen these go close to 700 in some places others-400, so Your good to go.
I use it without using the lead channel, I use a bad monkey and a old dod preamp pedal to get overdriven sounds. The clean is sooooo good for Blues, country and rock

Sarge

Back