Studio .22 speaker

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

betac

Reaction score
Hi. The Black Shadow (50W) of my Studio .22 has blown, and I have to replace it. I would like to try another kind of speaker, because the original (very dificcult to find) Black Shadow (that I think is an Electro-Voice, not a Celestion) doesn't like me: too dark and with low bass.
What do you suggest me? Celestion, Weber, Jensen or some other brand? I don't search metal distortion: I like the clean sound of Studio .22 but I would like to have more bass. For the distortion, I search the classic warm and fat distortion of classic rock and blues.
Anyone who wants to help me?
Thank you in advance
Marco

Daniel, are you speaking about the Black Shadow 90W (the one fitted, for example, on the Caliber 50)?
Searching over the internet I've found that someone has changed the original Black Shadow 50W with the 90W Black Shadow (Celestion). But I think that 90W are too many for the .22. Have you tried it?
Thanks
Marco

Yes, Marco. I meant the Black Shadow C90, the one that (I guess) is coming on the Mark IV now.

I have a Studio .22+ with the C90 and it sounds good. However, I bought her with the speaker already upgraded and I have never heard the Black Shadow Vintage 50W so I won't be able to compare one speaker with the other.
Regards

The original was an Eminence. I tried several speakers in my Studio .22+ and including a Rola Celestion G12-65 (my favorite speaker) and a Celestion Blue and felt the original Eminence was actually very well voiced for that amp. If your speaker blew from the way you normally use the amp and not other physical damage or something else out of the ordinary, you might want to consider the other speakers already mentioned because of their higher watt rating.

Thank you to all. I have the opportunity to try a Black Shadow 90W (from a Caliber 50 of a friend of mine) and I will do it. I know very well Weber speakers (I have put them on two of mine old Fender amps and they sound beautiful). I've read that someone has put Celestion Vintage 30 in .22+ and they sound very good. But I think with low bass (tipical of Vintage 30). Now I will proove Black Shadow 90W.
Thanks again
Marco

Latest posts

Back