Studio .22 mod for separate lead master?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whoopysnorp

Reaction score
I was perusing the Harmony Central reviews of the Studio .22, and a couple of people remarked that they did the necessary mod to add a separate lead volume control like the Studio .22+ has. I downloaded the schematics and compared them, and they are indeed very similar circuits. It looks like a pretty simple mod, but I'm not particularly experienced with amp mods (I can solder just fine but I've never gotten my hands dirty inside an amp before), and there is one thing that is confusing me. On the .22, the relay that switches in the lead mode is in a different part of the circuit (at the end, next to the master volume), and on the .22+ it looks like it's immediately before the effects send.

Studio .22:
studio22.png

Studio .22+:
studio22plus.png

Otherwise, I can see that it's a 47K resistor controlling the level in the .22 and a 10KL pot in the .22+. I presume the location change has something to do with ensuring that effects 'see' the proper amount of volume in the .22+, which isn't necessary in the .22. Does that make sense, and is there anything else I should know about doing this sort of mod?

Now I'd be interested in that but truly... Greek is more understandable than a schematic for me.
Loved the use of "perusing"!

if so...the have apparently not perused this thread

monsta tone works on amps........reeder mods everything.
He got my toaster second setting to work as well as the first.

Back