studio 22+ expansion?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hank

Reaction score
'Just looking for some cab suggestions for expanding
a studio 22+.

Read your manual....

http://mesaboogie.com/manuals/Studio%2022%20Plus.pdf

"SPEAKER JACKS One 8-ohm and two 4-ohm speaker outputs are provided on the Studio .22 Plus. Use the 8-ohm jack when using only the internal combo speaker. Also use the 8-ohm jack for connecting an external 8-ohm cabinet (such as a Boogie 4x12 cabinet) without the internal speaker. If using an external 8-ohm cabinet and the internal speaker, plug them both into the 4-ohm jacks. If using an external 4-ohm cabinet (such as a Boogie 2x12), connect it to the 4-ohm jack (and
preferably disconnect the internal speaker). You'll be nicely surprised at how well your Studio .22 responds when driving bigger cabinets... incredibly loud for its rated power output!"

Not too many years ago, I used a Marshall 1960 cab w/ my 22+. Oh, man!!! It was just f&$&^ cool. I usd to get asked to turn down a little w/ just the single 12, but when I used that 4x12 it was total sonic bliss :D !!

You shouldn't have any problem using the bigger cab. Even w/ a pretty loud drummer you'll probably be good. I've traded up to an Ace now and no longer have the 22+ but it was just a rowdy little amp that was a blast to jam on. Enjoy it and don't be afraid of volume!! :shock: , it only hurts for a minute!! 8)

Latest posts

Back