Strategy 500

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshAmenti

Reaction score
I have a chance to get one of these monsters, but wont have enough money for a preamp as well for a couple of months. As it has preamp valves does anybody know if you can just use the power amp to get a sound? Cheers

I dont think you can get distortion with power amp only... maybe buy it after pre amp?

Yea, you can use it, but you won't get much distortion as the previous poster said. You could run a foot pedal into the power amp to get some noise, but thats only going to be as good as the pedal. You could probably get a pocket pod for the price of a decent distortion pedal. that would give you a substantially better sound than just using an sd-1 or metal zone.

Are you absolutely sure you want a Strategy 500? I have its little brother, the Simul 395, and it's a fantastic amp but even on half power it's just absurdly loud. I can't possibly think of any use of the Strategy 500's power aside from powering eight 4x12 cabs and being heard in a stadium with no PA.

Latest posts

Back