Strategy 400 or 500/ which one?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

little-b

Boogie Supporter
Reaction score
assuming that youre using a mesa preamp,does one of these poweramps really shine over the other?....I realize that the 400 is simulclass and the 500 has switch track in it...maybe ill try to get both...just wondering if theyre that different?

I liked the 500 better .... it is my favorite power amp by any maker. Both are great power amps and it would only be a matter of taste.

Yes, i am sure theres more voicing options on the 500 than the 400...If Im not mistaken, I think the only thing the 400 has over the 500 is its simul, if you need that sort of thing :D ......can you put el 34's in the 500?

Littleb said:
Yes, i am sure theres more voicing options on the 500 than the 400...If Im not mistaken, I think the only thing the 400 has over the 500 is its simul, if you need that sort of thing :D ......can you put el 34's in the 500?

I do not know about stock .... but I am sure it would not be that complex of a modification if it does not.

It really is not the fact that it has more voices .... it is just a bigger sound.

I just scored a 500!...this will go w/ my VHT 2150, and Classic..Im pretty sure Im covered as far as power goes..I just hope the 500 offers something in tone that the vht's dont...Cant wait to get it.. :D

stephen sawall said:
Congratulation .... I can only how huge a sounding rig with it and your Colosseum would be. :idea: :arrow: :?: :mrgreen:
That's not an amp, that's a weapon of mass-destruction....

Thanks..cant wait...Ive also got a red stripe coli coming from mesa-it was completely gone over by Mike B.@ Mesa....and I just discovered, but never have seen a power amp called the Coliseum 300-ive got literature on it, but have never seen one anywhere ever...has anyone?????

Back